Chapter 45

I watch my godfather from across the room. My arms are crossed against my chest and Lucian is stoking my leg, it the only way i won't pounce on my god father at first chance I got. Even though i found my way to Lucian and all of the drama between us is somewhat clear, doesn't mean i've abandoned my grudge against Arthur and Leah, I force myself to peer down at their hands, which are entwined. A pretty band lay across Leah's fourth finger and all I could do was narrow my eyes once again at the perfect couple sitting across from me, a very worried look spread across their faces.

I knew this conversation was going to be hard but I didn't quite factor in the idea that my ex best friend and god father use to be lovers and were now somewhat 'engaged'. I also didn't expect them to stay so quite. They seemed to have a lot to say a couple of months ago, i wonder what changed?

Do you really have to make this so awkward love?

My muscles seem to relax at the sound of Lucians voice filling my mind. I stoke at the bond, turning to look over at him.

Yes

I reply managing a small smile and flirtatious wink. Lucian just chuckled, shaking his head at me.

" By the moon your so much like your mother."

I turn my gaze back to my godfather, so he speaks. I opened my mouth to reply, but no sound came out. No argument or accusation. I'm suppose to be angry at Leah and my godfather, i'm suppose to be angry at my parents! I'm suppose to be able to explode but now i guess i'm just tired of it, i've run out of energy. Maybe my death glares will do the trick?

" She was so filled with life and emotion. You remind me of her in every possible way. She knew how to hold a grudge too." Uncle Arthur continues, he's watching for my reaction trying to figure me out.

" Who said I was still angry?." I push back, glaring at the couple. My godfather raises his eyebrows, i mean who am i kidding?

" I kept your mate from you, honestly i'm still mad at myself. But I promise that it was all for a good reason-"

" What excuse could you possible conjure up that makes you keeping me holed up and away from my mate 'okay'?!" I snap back thrashing my firsts down on the table causing the oak to shake under my power. My aunt snickered behind me, i could tell she was finding this whole thing way too amusing.

" Look if you parents could be here they would back me up on this, but we never wanted you near Lucian because- because of Leah." Leah buts in.

" So it's all a because of a silly little love sick witch that you all created a secret club to keep me away from my mate!" I growl, my hand tighten around Lucians. His grip on my was the only thing keeping me from spilling over the edge. " that's a pathetic excuse even for you."

" Leah isn't just some silly witch Stella! She's a high witch who turned to black magic and alongside it she grew an obsession with your mate. She already tried killing you and the your family on mass once, but failed. She's a witch so it was easy for her to track you using your connection to the earth, your power. You parents cut that from you in order for her to stay away." Uncle Arthur's voice booms across the room.

I mean I'm not surprised. This all seems so... Leah. I just can't believe I didn't realise the danger sooner. It was even in Leah's riddle 'where he goes danger follows.'

" what about me, Leah? Nobody told me anything either. That my mate was alive, or my best friend was actually a dark witch after my mate."

" She's not just after you and your mate Lucian. She's after the whole line of silver bloods. She could be working with anyone-" Leah argues, desperate for her big brother to hear her out.