Stay With Me

Lilis POV:
Later that night, I fell asleep on top of Cole. Snuggling on his stomach. He eventually fell asleep too.

I woke up on Coles stomach. He was awake watching Friends.

"Hi." I said getting up. He pulled my arm.

"Lay down, you were keeping me warm." He said. I giggled laying back down.

"You know what I thought about last night?" He asked.

"Hm?" I asked.

"How much I love you."

"Well I love you more." I said.

"Oh.. that's impossible, because no one can love you more then I love you."

"Well who could compete with that?" I asked kissing his cheek, "but I gotta get a shower." I said putting a blanket on him.

"This blanket isn't doing much." He said playfully.

"Well it's gonna have to work for now." I said before I shut the bathroom door.

Coles POV:
When Lili went to shower, a knock came at the door. I cracked the door open to see a man I've never seen before. He pushed the door open, pushing me backwards into the wall.

Lili came out of the bathroom, in her purple robe.

"Come you almo- oh my god Lark?!" She said. Holy crap. This was Lark?! He was tall, but not as tall as me. He had brown hair, just like the bark from a tree. He was pale, with blue eyes. I got up.

"Don't lay one hand on her." I said.

"Or you'll do what?" He said. He grabbed Lilis arm. Gripping his grip tighter by the second.

"Let go of me, Lark! That hurts stop!" I went over to him and punched him in the face.

"Lili run to our room and lock the door." I said kicking him to the ground.

"Cole I'm not leaving you."

"I'll be fine Bub." I said. She ran to the room, I heard the door lock. Lark was lying on the floor, helpless.

"Your just using her. You don't love her. No one loves her. She's dumb. Ugly. And I've never loved her before." He said.

"Well that's your loss, because Lili is an amazing person." I said. He finally got up, and pushed me against the wall. He punched my face, 3 times. I couldn't feel the ground beneath me anymore. I didn't even hear anything. Just a ringing. Couldn't see anything. Just a dark, dark place. Like the devil had crawled inside me. I fell to the floor. Lark ran out of the house booking it. Blood dripped from my mouth. Lili came out, still in her robe. She held my face up.

"Stay with me baby," She said between crying. "I love you. Please stay.... p- please st- stay." I couldn't keep my eyes open. The pain took over my body. I gave out.