A Miracle

Cole's POV:
A few weeks later...

Lili has been acting weird lately.. I don't even know why. I don't want to ask her, but I decided to today. I walked into our room, and laid next to her. She was sitting there in sweatpants and a t-shirt, on her phone.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey bub, I have a question for you.." I started.

She turned towards me, and started to play with my hair.

"I'm listening.." she said quietly.

"Are you keeping something from me?" I asked, nervously.

She sighs, "What makes you think that?" She continues to play with the curl that falls on my face.

"I don't know.. you've just been very.. I don't know.. distant. It feels like you're keeping something from me." I said.

"You caught me. Am I that horrible at keeping things from you?" She asked giggling.

I kissed the tip of her nose, "Yeah.. I guess." I said, "But what are you keeping from me?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise.." she said, sitting up. I sat up too.

"But.. I'm pregnant. I'm 4 weeks.." She said smiling.

I immediately smiled, "Really? Oh my god." I pulled her into a hug, and kissed the top of her head a lot. She sat in my lap and I played with her hair. We sat in silence for a while, but Lili broke the silence.

"I'm going to have morning sickness in 2 weeks..." she said sadly.

"Aw bub, I'll be here for you." I said gently.

She got out of my lap, and put her head on my shoulder.

"I'm tired." she said, and chuckled.

"Ok, i'll let you sleep." I said. She lifted her head off my shoulder, and I got up, and kissed her forehead.

"I love you." she said

"i love you too." I replied.

I walked out of the room, and checked on kayla. She was wide awake in her room.

"Dadda." she said. I smiled and picked her up, bringing her to the living room.

"Momma?" she asked.

"She's sleeping, but she loves you." I said smiling.

She smiled and giggled.

"Let's try to sleep, ok?" I said. I put her on the couch and she laid her head on my lap. I put a blanket on her, and kissed her cheek.

"I love you, baby." I told her. She smiled, and closed her eyes.

After a while, she fell asleep, and I carried her to her room. I put her in her crib, and put a blanket on her. I moved the hair out of her face, and walked out.

I walked into Lili and I's room, and laid down next to her. She woke up, and put her head on my chest. I put my arm around her, and kissed the top of her head. We later fell back asleep.

I woke up to Lili running to the bathroom. I got up, and held her hair back. After she was done, she brushed her teeth. I kissed her cheek, and hugged her from behind.

"It wasn't supposed to start. This baby is definitely not like kayla." She said. We walked back into our bedroom, and laid down.

"My stomach hurts so bad." She said frowning. I kissed her forehead, and pulled her into my lap. I rubbed her stomach with my thumbs, and she slowly fell back asleep.

Two hours later, Lili woke up.

"I was hoping to wake up with my stomach pain gone, but they're still here.." she said sadly. She got up and grabbed one of my sweatshirts.

"Can you and Kayla get me something?" She asked sitting back down.

"What do you want bub?" I asked her.

"Ice cream..." she said, and giggled after.

"And let the cravings begin!" I joked, and she laughed, "But yes, we can. You stay in bed and rest."

"Ok, I love you." She said.

"Love you too." I said, and kissed her. She kissed me back, and laid down.

I went into kayla's room, and she was wide awake.

"Why didn't you cry for us, baby." I said, scooping her up and kissing her stomach making her giggle. I strapped her in her car seat, and put her in her car seat. We then drove to Giant. We went straight to the ice cream section. I grabbed 3 tubes of vanilla ice cream, and paid. We drove back, and I put kayla down for her nap. Lili and I laid in our room, and watched TV while she ate ice cream.

"I'm so happy." I said.

"Me too, because your in my life. I don't know what I would do without you." she said smiling. I kissed her cheek, and she put her head on my shoulder.

"I'm going to love you forever.. okay?" I said.

"I'm going to love you forever, too." she said.