Chapter 8

TONY'S POV

  Y/N offered to stay up with me as I made some modifications to my suits. She looked like she was going to fall over any minute, but Banner left a couple of hours ago. I wasn't saying that I wanted him to leave, but it had been nice just being able to talk with Y/N. She brought up a few good memories of her and Rogers, which made me smile, but there was something that had been on my mind for a minute now.

  Maybe I should ask her? I mean, I don't want her to get the wrong impression by it, but would it hurt to take the risk?

  I cleared my throat before I said,"Y/N, can I ask you something? In no way do I want to come across as insecure or an idiot, but can I just ask you something that has been on my mind a couple of times already?"

  Y/N nodded, but she smirked before she said,"I already thought you were an idiot, but go ahead, Stark."

  I scooted away from her, and then I asked her,"Were you and Rogers a thing before you ran back into me and everything?"

  I remembered her telling me a while back about how close she and Rogers were, but I just had to hear it again to be certain. Y/N looked startled by my question, but there was something that was present in her eyes that I haven't seen before.

  I couldn't put the words to it, but she definitely seemed a little uneasy after.

  Immediately, I apologized, but Y/N sighed before she told me,"No, Tony, it's okay. If I want the two of us to really work, no holding stuff in. Well, I actually don't know how to answer that question. We shared a kiss after I admitted my feelings to him, but then Sharon showed up, and I sort of locked Steve out of my life for a minute. I didn't mean to, but love has never been my thing. Which you've figured out, but I thought it was the right choice at the time. Steve, being the sweetheart he is, got me to come back around and we've been fine ever since. I cannot say that I'm not reminded of my feelings for him or my deep dislike of Sharon, yet I persevere for Steven. You understand, don't you Tony?"

  I looked Y/N in the eyes as I answered,"Yes, I do, and I'm not upset with you. You opened up to me, so I'll take that. So, Sharon was the one who made you hurt your hand like that the other night before dinner?"

  Y/N rolled her eyes, but she answered,"Yes, she is, but I'm fine now. Perfectly calm."

  I raised an eyebrow at her, and she threw her arms up in frustration before she said,"I'm trying, Stark! I'm trying! Work with me!"

  I chuckled, but I suggested to her,"What about another date? This time, I take you on a tour by Iron Man himself?"

  Y/N giggled, and I could see how excited this suggestion made her, which caused all my doubt concerning the date idea to wash away. I had to make this date spectacular, so I could keep her in my life. I didn't want to lose Y/N after a couple of weeks. I wanted it to be longer than what we agreed upon.