Chapter 19

Y/N'S POV

  When I returned with the food for Tony and me, Tony was down on one knee. However, he was facing away from me, and he was mumbling stuff to himself.

  I overheard him say,"No. No. I can't say that. Y/N will think I'm crazy. How else can I ask her?"

  I smiled, yet I cleared my throat before I asked him,"Stark, is everything okay?"

  Tony almost dropped the box in his hand, but he held it behind his back as he said,"Everything's fine. Is it time to eat?"

  I nodded, and Tony sent me an awkward smile. I laughed. Then, I walked over to his table before I set our food down on the table.
  Tony put the tiny box away, and we ate together.

  As I munched on my fry, I said to Tony,"You aren't going to ask me, Stark?"

  Tony replied,"No, because you scared me. Plus, if I asked you now, it wouldn't be a surprise and not as special."

  I replied,"But I already know, so it won't be a surprise anymore anyway. Plus, I never told you I wanted a grand gesture. I'm fine with whatever you give me, Stark. You don't have to go all over the top with me."

  Tony ran his fingers through his hair before he said,"So, you want me to ask you right this second? You don't want me to wait until you forget and ask you then?"

  I answered,"Tony, what did I just tell you? I'm impressed by your actions every single day, so I'm good with simple. Ask me, Anthony."

  Tony picked up the small box before he got down on one knee.

  Next, he opened the small box before he asked me,"Y/N M/N L/N, will you marry me?"

  I smiled before I answered,"Um, yes. Put that ring on my finger, Stark. Take your time, though, that finger is sensitive."

  Tony laughed, yet he slid the ring onto my finger gently. Then, he kissed me. I kissed back, but I held on for as long as I possibly could before we both pulled away from the kiss.

  I said,"I love you so much, Anthony. Always will. Was that so hard?"

  Tony replied,"No, it wasn't. Are you sure you're okay with how I asked you? Y/N, I didn't really do much. I don't want you to be disappointed."

  I chuckled, but I placed a kiss on his forehead before I admitted to him,"I'm never disappointed in you, Stark. I would've only been disappointed if you would've waited another day to ask me to be your wife."

  Randomly, Tony and I decided to go for a drive before he said,"So, if I would have asked you yesterday, you would have said yes?"

  I giggled before I replied,"You're really hung up on this. To answer your question, yes, I would have said yes to you yesterday."

  Tony smiled really big, and then he said,"That's comforting to know, babe. That's comforting to know."