Chapter 25

Y/N'S POV

  Tony Stark, what a guy. So, he was just going to drop me into the arms of my brother, who wanted me to understand what it was like to lose. I just knew that Tony had an excellent reason for doing this to me. My mind was about to be blown.
  I looked at James, who was just smiling. Smiling like he had already ruined my life. Maybe he was just smiling because he was crazy, but I needed to know what Tony's plan was. Hopefully, his plan wasn't to leave me with James and call it a day.

  But if that was the plan...

  I saw where James was headed, and I saw what was beneath us. Water. Lots of water. I wondered if his suit was waterproof. James' suit was very similar to Tony's original Iron Man suit, but that didn't mean James planned for everything.
  I couldn't let James take me too far. If I let him take me too far, I'd be in trouble. Plus, all I saw up ahead were unpleasant ways for me to be dropped to my death. And since I was tired of being in James' arms, I had to do something to get him to drop me.

  James said,"You're very quiet, Y/N. Too quiet."

  I remained quiet, and James dropped me into the water. Before I could swim away, James flew down before he grabbed me by my neck. I fought against him, but I found that harder to do the longer he choked me.
  Once James let me go, I roughly fell back onto the roof of a tall building. I turned onto my side before I stood to my feet slowly. James flew towards me, and I moved out of the way quickly. I kept myself from falling back before I looked around for James.

  I kept myself from looking down, and James appeared in front of me. I blocked his punches, and I tripped him. I rushed towards the edge before I jumped. Below me were nothing but cars going 70 to 90 miles per hour. Nothing, right?
  It took everything out of me not to scream as I fell from thousands of feet in the air. And before James could get to me, Hulk grabbed the foot of James' suit before he threw him through a couple of buildings.

  Iron Man caught me, and then he said to Hulk,"Hulk, take care of James, will ya?"

  Hulk yelled,"HULK SMASH!"

  Iron Man said,"Just don't kill him, Hulk. Please."

  Hulk looked at me before he went after James.

  Iron Man asked me,"Are you all right, Y/N?"

  I shook my head before I told him,"I feel a little...sick."

  I put my hand over my mouth, and Iron Man flew me to the nearest trashcan. I threw up, but I definitely felt like I wasn't done.
  Iron Man moved my hair back before he made sure that I didn't fall over. When I was done throwing up, I thanked Tony for coming to my rescue and for taking me to the nearest trashcan.

  I asked him,"Could you also thank Bruce for me?"

  He nodded before he picked me up. Then, he left the ground.

  I said,"Please tell me I still have my ring."

  Iron Man chuckled before he replied,"You still have it, baby. Y/N?"

  I answered,"Yes, Anthony?"

  He said,"I'm sorry I left you with James. I should've stayed with you."

  I just looked at Iron Man before I said to him,"It's okay, Stark. You got Hulk, so I forgive you. Just don't leave me with my brother again."

  Iron Man put me down, and Tony stepped out of his suit.

  He walked up to me before he pulled me close as he said to me,"I won't leave you with your brother again, but I didn't just leave you to get Hulk. I also left you, because your mother called me."

  Immediately, I asked Tony,"Is my mother okay? Why did she call you?"

  Tony rested his forehead against mine as he said to me,"Apparently, your brother called her and made her believe that he had killed you already. Don't worry. I calmed her down and told her that you were fine."

  I gave Tony a kiss in thank you before he told me,"Barton and Nat are with your parents now. They'll keep them safe."

  I said,"And? I'm getting the feeling that there's something else you have to tell me, Stark."

  Tony smiled at me before he said to me,"I love you, Y/N."

  I wrapped my arms around his neck before I said to him,"I love you, too, Stark, but I'm sure that's not what you had to tell me."

  Tony put my watch around my wrist before he said to me,"You're right. That wasn't what I had to tell you. What I have to tell you is I haven't been able to reach Cap."

  I bent over before I put both of my hands on my knees.

  Then, Tony rubbed my back as he said to me,"Y/N, this is Rogers we're talking about. There could be several reasons why Cap isn't responding, right?"

  I nodded, and then I answered,"Yeah. Yeah. He could've lost his phone or Sharon had an emergency."

  Tony continued to rub my back as he said to me,"Right. I'm sure Rogers..."

  Tony stopped talking, and I said,"Come on, Stark. You're supposed to be making me feel better."

  I looked over at Tony, and I followed his eyes to see Sharon walking towards us.

  I rushed over to her, but I caught her before she could hit the ground.

  Before Sharon passed out, she weakly said,"S...Steve. Y/N, Steve..."

  I don't know how Sharon knew to come here, but it had to be James. It had to be. I picked up Sharon quickly before Iron Man rushed her to the hospital.
  After we made sure Sharon was taken in safely, Tony sent in Thor and Loki to protect Sharon. I knew James wasn't going to show up there.

  Iron Man said,"Y/N, do you recognize this place?"

  I looked at the location that Tony was showing me, and I nodded before I said,"I do. Steve's there?"

  Iron Man answered,"Yes, ma'am."

  I took a deep breath before I said,"We can't waste any time, Stark. We don't know what condition Steve's in."

  I could now see Tony's face, and he asked me,"Can you go in?"

  I rested my hand on his cheek as I answered,"For Steve, I can. Also, for you, in case you decide to do something stupid."

  Tony chuckled, and he said,"I have a plan."

  I rolled my eyes before I asked him,"Stark, do you remember what happened the last time you said that?"

  Tony kissed my forehead before he told me,"I remember, Y/N, but you'll like this."