Chapter 53

When the assembly had broken up into groups and the celebration began, Roman wove his way through the crowd and met up with Dean.

His eyes were bright.

Dean hugged him. "I'm so proud of you, Ro. That speech was great."

Roman grinned and wrapped his arms around Dean, hugging him back tightly. "Thanks, Ambrose."

"I'm gonna miss you next year, you know." Dean mumbled, pulling away.

Roman swallowed, scratching the back of his head. "Actually, I'm staying a year. Gonna look after you, wait for you to catch up."

Dean frowned. "Wait, you're - you're not going to college?"

"I am, I'm just... waiting a year."

"Ro, if you're doing this because of me-"

"Of course I'm doing it because of you. But that's not the only reason I'm doing it. So please don't try to change my mind."

Dean bit his lip. "I won't." He said quietly.

"Good. So, speaking of that... how would you feel about moving out of my mom's place?"

Dean's heart skipped a beat. "I-I don't... I don't have anywhere-"

Roman rooms Dean's hand in his own reassuringly. "I had an idea for that." He smiled slightly. "I rented an apartment."

Dean's eyes went wide. "Y-You did?"

Roman nodded. "And I was hoping... you'd wanna move in with me?" He took a breath, then continued in a rush. "If you don't that's fine, I know it could be weird and trust me, my mom would be more than willing to let you stay there-"

Dean laughed and cut him off by hugging him again. "Idiot." He said, looking up at him. "Yeah, I'll move in with you."

Roman's face split into a grin. "Yeah?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah. Now come on. This is your graduation. Time to celebrate."