Chapter 3

Chani and I are unbelievably suited for each other

Chani and I are unbelievably suited for each other. Not in a romantic way but we have a connection. we both share the same likes, dislikes, and humor.

"Hey chani! what should I get ramen with cheese or just original flavored ramen? " I asked him with a serious tone while eyeing the two packs of ramen in my hands.

"In my own opinion you should get ramen with cheese but since I'm also a sucker of original flavored ramen, I suggest you get both," He said loudly since he was in the other aisle looking at the variants of triangle kimbap.

" You did have a point," I said and touched my chin to think carefully, this is a critical decision to make so I should choose carefully.

" I guess I'll get both then " I muttered after I made up my mind. I held the two packs of ramen in my hands and went to the drinks section. I opened the freezer and got a yogurt drink.

"That took you more than 5 minutes before you decided to get both " he chuckled.

"Really? " I looked at my watch and realized the time

Oh, shit, my mother's gonna be pissed I left home without cleaning.

I'm dead meat.

I rushed to the counter and paid for the ramen and the yogurt drink when a hand stopped me and paid for it.

"It's on me since we became friends now and it's a little bit unmanly if I let you pay for that," he said scratching the back of his head

" No I came here to buy this and I accidentally befriended you. You are not obliged to pay for it " I said and pushed his money away " and I'm an Independent lady " I added.

I look at the cashier and handed my money to her. She smiled and put my food in a black plastic bag.

"O- okay then," he said still scratching the back of his head

Does he have lice? he keeps scratching his head but since it's cute though so I don't mind.

"Uh Youngji can I perhaps get your number? " he said with red-tinted cheeks.

"Huh?  okay," I said and he handed his phone while I handed him my phone.

"Say cheese," he said and I heard a snap

"Yah! what are you doing? " I asked and glared at him.

"I needed to save a contact photo so I took a photo of you," He said and showed his phone to me.

I look like shit

"Delete it," I said trying to reach the phone.

"It's cute though! " he said and tiptoed to stop me from reaching the phone

" chani are you blind or what? that's, not the definition of cute! " I said as I continue to argue with him

"Just let it be Youngji! " He said and kept his phone in his pocket.

"Argg! only if you take a photo on my phone too" I said and opened my camera.

" eh! you just want to have a photo of me" He chuckled and eyed me teasingly.

" In your dreams! I needed to take a photo of you so it would be fair" I said and pursed my lips in a thin line.

"Okay then," he said sounding sarcastic

He takes my phone and posed after that he handed my phone back to me

"I already saved my contact info," he said and I nodded my head. I waved at him and held the plastic bag firmly in my hands.

"Okay, bye Chani! " I said and run out of the convenience store

"Bye Youngji, take care," he said waving at me.

I reached home just in time. Mom was still out so I still had the time to clean.

I immediately find the broom and dustpan and began cleaning after sweeping the floor. I washed the dishes and arranged it.

I went to the couch and remove the dust in the cabinet After I am done. I went upstairs, washed up, and sleep.                            

After a few moments, I heard the front door open but decided to close my eyes.

"This house is a mess, Where's Youngji?!? " Mom shouted

Did she say mess I cleaned it before I sleep!

"Youngji!!! where are you come down here! " She shouted again and I immediately run downstairs and saw the house as it is before I went to bed.

" What did you do for the whole day! This house is a mess, Did you clean?" She stops and looked at me " or did you just slack off the whole day?" She said glaring at me.

I sigh " Mom I promised that I cleaned the house, I even washed the dishes! " I said pointing the sink

She looked at me " This is what you call clean? are you a girl or what? it's very dirty and dusty! " She argued with me and I rolled my eyes at her remark in my thoughts.

We keep on fighting until Youngkyun went in and slammed the door.

" what's with the fuss? can you calm down and talk without shouting" He said and went inside the kitchen.

"Whatever," I said and run upstairs slamming my door.

"Argggh!" I muttered and dumped my head in the pillow.