Chapter 7

"are you sure about this sweetie? " The hairdresser asked me sweetly while looking at me back and forth with the picture he is holding

I sighed and nod my head vigorously. We have been doing this thing for a good 10 minutes. He keep asking me if I'm sure or not again and again.

I sighed and look at him in the eye saying "I'm really sure about this can we do it now?" I said confidently and looked forward in the mirror.

I stared at the mirror and saw my hair being cut. I should do this at least for Youngkyun. We may bicker at times but he had been a great brother to me.

The hairdresser turned me so i am now facing the pile of machines that is probably used for hot oils and re-bonding. I felt a bit anxious on what will happen to my hair or how will I managed to get through this.

"Just this time youngji , Just this time!" I kept chanting this words again and again. Hoping to find comfort.

The hairdresser must've sense my discomfort so he turned around and level his eyes to me. He looked at me and said "We can still do hair extension but that will also cost you money" he laughed and I laughed too looking at him.

I sighed once again and told him that i can do it.

After hours of waiting while sitting he finally turned me back and asked me to close my eyes. He tapped my shoulder to signal for me to open my eyes.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a completely different Youngji. The girl who only lived in his brother's shadows before, became him completely.

The hairdresser positioned the photos beside me and i can still see some features that are different but Youngkyun and me are totally the same.

I didn't know that if cut my hair i would look masculine and manly but i really am. I wonder if Youngkyun would be the same. If he would look a little girly if he decided to grow his hair.

I only stared my reflection at the mirror and the hairdresser cleared his throat and look at me.

"Did you like it? " He said looking at me in the mirror while he touched my hair.

"I loved it "I replied and forced a smile. I stroked the hair in my hands.

He frowned and level his head while looking at me in the mirror and said "I don't know what you are going through but i hope you'll be able to go through it " He smiled gently and tapped my hair walking to the table in front of me.

I widened my eyes and looked at him with questioning look.

He shrugged his shoulder and looked at me in the eye "Everyone can guess it , who in the right mind would cut her perfectly conditioned hair? " he raised his eyebrows and i decided to break the contact and focus my attention on the lights above the ceiling.

"see no one! That's what i guess" He said and hand me the receipt.

I gladly receive it and went to the cashier to settle the payment.

I grabbed some money in my pocket and ran back to the hairdresser. I forced him to look at me and I hugged him tightly putting the money inside his back pocket.

I broke the hug and looked at him completely red and flustered "Thank you,for everything! " I said cheerfully and left the salon.

This might be the most ridiculous and cliche idea but it's the only choice i can do for now.

📌EDITED

📌EDITED