Chapter 18

Youngji and Chani are walking side by side on the empty road towards their dorm

The two teenager are not talking just enjoying the warmth of each other and the silence that envelopes them.

Youngji was kicking the stone on the road when chani cleared his throat to earn the other's attention.

Youngji turned her head and looked at chani questioningly. The boy look at her too and stared at her eyes before a sudden gush of wind interrupts the intense eye contact.

Chani look away first feeling flustered and embarrassed at the same time. Youngji on the other hand felt the same as red tint was seen in her cheeks.

"um- your sister looks really familiar to me!" chani stated and look forward while scratching his neck. "can i see the picture again?" and a puddle of sweat began to soak Youngji's shirt.

She smiled and hesitantly nodded her head while reaching for her wallet. She started to nervously rummage through her things and hesitantly handed out the picture to Chani.

Chani accepted the picture and looked at it carefully as if his life depended on it.

He suddenly frowned his face and looks like he is thinking hard. He reached for his phone and put it beside the picture.

He compared it and once he finished examining it. His face brightened and he excitedly turned to Youngji with a smile in his face.

"the girl in the picture and the girl that i met few days ago in  a convenience store looks the same. Her name is Youngji and your sister's name is Youngji too right?" He said way too fast and anxiety starts to creep up in Youngji's face.

Youngji acted as if she is examining the picture and the photo on Chani's phone.

She coughed nervously and nodded her head. "That's Youngji!" She said unenthusiastically and smiled dryly.

Chani look at her in wonder but the boy only look at the ground, not wanting to annoy or piss her he dropped the topic.

Silence continues to envelope them as they near the dorm building. Youngji stop and look at chani while the boy also halt and look at Youngji.

"Can you keep a secret?" Youngji asked chani and the boy nodded his head hesitant on what to answer.

Youngji dragged chani towards a small park just beside their dorm. She sit in the swing while chani looked at her in wonder.

She stared at the ground and sighed before looking up at chani "You can keep a secret right? " Unlike his answer before chani nodded his head more serious and determine to know the secret that keeps on bothering  Youngji.

Youngji got the picture again and stared at it "I'm not Youngkyun, I'm actually his younger twin sister Youngji" She said and closed her eyes not wanting to see chani's reaction.

The latter was taken back , he stared at Youngji before laughing out loud. He thought it was ridiculous. He stared at Youngji but the girl didn't smile or laugh. Her expression remained stoic and blank.

"Is that true?" Chani asked again in a more serious expression. The girl nodded her head and remained looking at her dirty shoes.

Chani widened his eyes and stared at the girl. He can't believe it! The information was still processing in his head.

The girl was hesitant to look at chani's expression but she still did. The boy remained frozen ,looking at nowhere.

Youngji was silently cursing herself. She shouldn't have revealed her secrets to chani.

"So , the girl i met few months ago was you?" He turned his head towards her and the girl nodded giving an awkward smile.

"I'm really sorry for keeping this" She said feeling down and look at chani in the eyes.

The boy felt so lost in her eyes but he cleared his throat and turned his gaze away from her.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked and started heading towards the swing beside Youngji and occupied it.

"My brother wanted to become an idol but my mother was pushing him to his limit. He was tired so he ran away before starting his training. I don't want to destroy his dreams so I tried to take the role and return it to him when he comes back. " The boy can only stare at the girl after her revelation.

 " The boy can only stare at the girl after her revelation