Chapter 13

Loud breaths and squeaks from the trainee's shoes can be heard in the surrounding

Loud breaths and squeaks from the trainee's shoes can be heard in the surrounding. It's 3 am in the morning and the NEOZ dance team are still practicing.

Everyone are already looking tired. Their shirts drenched because of their sweats and the floor is wet from the sweat of the hardworking boys. They know that what they are showing is not enough and they are not going home not until they are close to perfecting the routine that they are learning.

The music and the noise the air con is emitting are the only noise that can be heared. No talking just dancing. The boys are taken from their focus when the music abruptly stop.

They stood there while catching their breaths. Their dance instructor is back after a few hours. He looked down, his face contorted and so as the boys.

They guess everything went bad from Alex's injury and they can't help but feel bad for the boy. He always talked about debuting together with the hyungs and performing in front of a large crowd but sad to say it may be postponed for the mean time or maybe forever.

The instructor stood in front of the boys and sighed before opening his mouth. " Guys , Alex may not be able to join the team from now on. The injury that he obtained was too serious and the orthopedic that examined him told me that he may not be able to perform forever."

Sadness and disappointment are written in everyone's faces. Why did it happen when they are so close to debuting. 'Why now?' is the question that is clouding their minds.

Alex doesn't deserve all of this. He had been hardworking, determined and passionate about being a trainee. Why him?

Some looked down on the floor while others looked at the sides. Avoiding the eyes of their instructor. They are sad and gloomy. Alex's dreams are snatched away from him and they felt bad.

"Alex is set to debut with the NEOZ dance team but since he is out of the team. The management decided to put Youngkyun as his replacement" He said and the other boys looked at Youngji who seemed lost in her thoughts.

Youngji bit her lip and avoided the stares of his co-trainee she is ashamed and she felt guilty about it.

The boys on the other hand doesn't felt any difference about it. They know Youngji deserved it and she clearly doesn't want any of it but they can't help but feel bad about Alex.

"All of you are now dismissed. Rest well and gain strength for tomorrow. I know you are all sad about Alex's departure but we can't do anything about it. I am sad too but please don't let it get to you. You all deserve a chance to debut. Alex had his but this unfortunate event snatched it away from him." The instructor told and the boys felt bad but at the same time relieved. They just hope Alex would find his way soon and find the path that he is destined for.

The instructor paved his way towards the door and the other trainees started to gather all of their things and made their way out of the practice room.

Youngji on the other hand remained frozen in her spot not until Taeyang and Chani patted her back. She came back to her senses and made her way to her backpack.

Youngji felt bad and guilty. She felt like she doesn't deserved all of that and this thought bothered her. She just can't accept the offer. Its too soon.

The older trainees went to Youngji and patter her back. They smiled a bit hoping to lift some of Youngji's burden. They know what she is feeling right now.

She must be feeling guilty and horrible for taking away Alex position but its not like she wanted it. So they feel that they should assure Youngji that everything is okay and as much as Alex deserves it she does too.