Chapter 34

"hi youngkyun!" Taeyang exclaimed greeting Youngji who was comfortably seated in the company's cafeteria enjoying her food

Youngji lifted her head and smiled at the boy while munching her food.

Taeyang put his tray in the table pulling the chair beside Youngji  when he was shove causing him to stumble in the table.

Chani snickered and took the seat beside Youngji. Youngji glared at the boy who acted innocent while eyeing his food. Youngji sent taeyang an apologetic glance and slap chani's shoulder to which the boy reacted with a groan.

Taeyang smiled at her and took the seat opposite her. Setting his tray of food in front of him. He secretly threw a glare at the younger and took his first bite.

Taeyang gulped the food and cleared his throat."Youngkyun the vocal trainor keeps on asking about you." he said stirring his bowl of soup. He knew that Youngji doesn't sing but he brought up the topic to break the thick blanket of awkwardness that surrounds them.

Youngji flinched at the sudden mention of the vocal trainor whom she keeps on ignoring for about a month as the adult keeps on asking her about her voice who doesn't really sounds good. Youngji's leaving after a week to America with her whole family. They will stay there for a few months and wait for her mother to recover before going back so she doesn't need take the vocal evaluation the vocal trainer keeps asking her about.

"really?" she pretended to be surprised and nudged chani to help her out of the situation.

The boys are still clueless about her sudden departure. She doesn't want them to worry about her and everything is practically planned now. So she can't back out now. Not when her father have worked hard preparing necessary documents for their travel.

"Youngkyun you met your doctor last week right and he said you still need to rest your voice" chani said and sling his arms around youngji's shoulder, subtly nudging her to agree.

Youngji silently nodded her head and continued munching her food. Taeyang who was silently observing her just nodded his head and decided to stop prying about it.

Taeyang pulled Youngji out of the practice room. After youngji broke the sudden news to the boys. Taeyang asked if he could talk to her. He needed to get it out of him or it will soon swallow him alive.

They halted in door of the company's famous rooftop. They settled themselves in the railing looking at the bright and sunny view that overlooks the Cheongdamdong's  buzzing street.

Taeyang harshly inhaled the fresh air of the rooftop. The company's rooftop had this small garden that maintains the fresh air and decreases the fine dusts that surrounds the area.

He turned his attention to the girl beside him and faintly smiled.

She was undeniably gorgeous under the sun that illuminated her distinct feature.

"Youngji..." he trailed off staring at the girl beside him who looked up. Her eyes are wide open almost swallowing his consciousness.

She innocently blinks her eyes and waited for him to continue talking. He can't believe how clueless this girls is. He looked away trying to suppress the smile tugging in his lips.

"I don't know what to do. I really needed to let this out..." he continued and closed his eyes feeling the warmth of sun in his face.

His hands gripped the railings while he stretch his limbs and swings his body.

"I like you" he abruptly said looking away afraid to see the girl's reaction at his sudden reaction.

Youngji gasp upon his confession. She was flustered, her cheeks were warm but her heart beats normally unlike how it erratically did when she is with chani.

"You don't need to answer though..." he said and opened his eyes to peek. The girl remained frozen while staring at the blue sky. "I just wanted to let that out" he chuckled humorlessly.

Youngji remained quiet. She doesn't know how or what to say. She's clueless about the boy's feelings and it made her feel bad.

"You know I actually thought I liked a boy turns out you were not. I'm not judging people though. I'm jus- I can't imagine myself being like that." he grinned and stared at the girl who remained frowning.

"come on, don't be like that." he said pushing the girl beside him. "I'm slowly regretting now. Don't feel bad okay. It's not like it's your fault" he said and ruffled the girl's hair.

"well partially, for being so adorably cute." he muttered.

Youngji scoffed and swings her fist to hit his shoulders. Taeyang groaned and laugh at the girl.

"I'm sorry" she mumbled and rested her elbows in the railing.

"Dont be" he said and ruffled her hair once again before taking his leave.

UNEDITED

UNEDITED.