Chapter 11

"How would I evaluate your singing skills then? " The vocal trainor asked me

I lied to him that i strained my voice and that the doctor asked me to let it rest for some time before i sing again or my situation would worsen and the worst is obtaining a vocal nodule that is really a bad thing specially for singer.

"I just have to rest my voice for a few weeks or my situation would worsen" I tried to persuade him. I hope he would believe me.

He sighed and rubbed his eyes. He looked at me and said "All right , you say you just have to rest it for 3 weeks right? So in the mean time you need to practice hard on your dancing" He looked at the piano and tapped his hand on the desk " I would notify your Manager about your situation."

"Thank you... and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience" I said and bowed my head at him

"It's okay , it's not like we can prevent that from happening. Just remember to take care of your voice and practice hard" He stand up and hold the door signalling that i should get out.

I bowed at him again and rush to get out of the room. I walked in the hallway and find my way to the practice room.

The door of the practice room is very small but the inside is really spacious. You can hear the faint noise of the music the other trainees are dancing.

I held the knob and hesitantly opened the door. I was immediately greeted with the smell of sweat and it really smell bad.

I can't argue though they are teenage boys but i really do hope they would take care of themselves well.

I quietly went in and stand in the side. I can recognize the boys that I met yesterday and there are boys who are not familiar to me.

Manager Ji saw me and motion me to come forward. Manager Ji is the other manager of the trainees who is assigned of looking after the boys specially during practice.

I shyly went in front and Manager Ji stopped the music earning the attention of the boys.

Manager Ji cleared his throat "Guys this is Youngkyun , he is the new trainee. His position is vocal I hope you would guide him and also help him understand some things okay" The other trainees nodded their heads.

"Okay water break for 10 minutes! " Manager Ji said and went out of the Practice room.

"Hi Youngkyunssi! I'm taeyang! "  A guys who looks about my age said and flashed a kind smile. He held out his hand and I shook it. 

"Hello! " I said quietly and bowed my head. He laugh and I look at him in confusion.

"Don't be so formal though. You can call me hyung since I am older than you right? " He said and grabbed a towel and wiped his sweat.

"Okay hyung! " I said and smiled. Another guy went to me and I was shocked to see him here.

"Hello I'm Kang Chani! I'm also new here. I just got accepted last month" He said and smiled at me.

I didn't know chani is training to become an idol. I smiled at him and said my greeting too.

"Did we meet somewhere? You really look familiar! " He said and studied my face carefully. I looked down and touched my hand awkwardly

"I don't think so! I think I haven't met you before" I said and looked up.

"Really! I'm sorry for acting weird but honestly you really look familiar! " He muttered and scratch his head.

"Its okay , i think my face is really popular. A lot of people keep on mistaking me for someone" I said and laughed. Its the truth though. A lot of person keeps on mistaking me for my brother. I can't argue with it, the fact that we are twins.

"I'm sorry to hear that " He said and smiled sheepishly.

Manager went in and told us to continue our practice.

He sent out Taeyangssi to teach me the routine they are learning.

So far the dance is not that hard and I can follow through the steps just fine. I think i found a thing that I'm good at.

"You're a good dancer Youngkyun!" He complimented me and clapped his hands.

"Really!" I said in excitement and smiled really wide.

"yes! " He confirmed and ruffled my hair. I closed my eyes and felt something in my stomach.