chapter 28: searching failed

Emelia's P.O.V

Days have passed and I haven't seen melody. I hope she's ok, I know I'm not ok, I haven't been eating right, I actually haven't been eating at all. Cece has come over and has brought me food. she usually brings like soups or fruit salads and I only eat like two-three spoon fulls. Gerard has walked and tried giving me pep talks but all I hear is nothing. it's like it enters my ear and then leaves on the other side. all I do is sit on the bed or Lay down. the only times I get up is to use the bathroom which is like once or twice a day.

I have nightmares about melody standing in a meadow telling me how I'm not a good mother and stuff. I usually scream and Gerard tries to wake me up and once I do, I have tears in my eyes as he tries to calm me down while I rest my head on his chest. everything has been so crazy; I'm so skinny, skinny as a log...ok I'm over reacting but I'm literally skinny because you can see my rib cage and everything. I look gross but I don't care. god I hope melody is ok, I can't imagine her getting hurt. I had my knees to my chest on the bed as the door opens revealing Cece.

Cece:"hey girl...how you feeling?"

...

Cece:"I brought you breakfast."

...

Cece:"honey I know this is scary but we'll find her."

...

Cece:"I have an idea about how to find her but I need you to watch to prove that we'll find her."

I looked at her as she took out her hand for me to take. I took her hand while the blanket was wrapped around me. we headed down stairs as I see the guys gathered around on the living room as I notice that Frank is still a dog.

Cece:"everyone I brought Em down here so that she could see the results when we search for her. Gerard give me melody's charm bracelet."

she says, he does what she says and we walk to the family room where there is map and a necklace with candles everywhere. I sat down on the couch next to Cece as Gerard sits next me and grabs my hand as he kisses my cheek. Cece took the necklace and waved it around in circles on top of the map to wait where the necklace stops. minutes have passed by and the necklace doesn't stop. she sighs and stops waving the necklace. I knew what this meant so I let go of Gerard's hand and ran upstairs and started sobbing in bed.

Gerard's P.O.V

Cece:"she's no where to be found."

she says, I Sigh and ran my fingers thro my hair.

Ray:"maybe she's around here somewhere, it's probably just not working."

Cece:"no. this is the must powerful thing, it should work."

Gerard:"maybe they're hiding."

I said as Frank tilts his head in a confused way.

Gerard:"they're probably under a hiding spell. by the way, isn't Linda like the 'queen'."

I put the air quotes around 'queen'.

Gerard:"isn't she supposed to be much stronger than us, meaning that's why It didn't work."

Cece:"either that...or there in a place that doesn't exist."

Mikey:"what are you talking about?"

Cece:*sighs* "they entered a portal. your daughter is in another realm."

I'm glad Em's not here to hear this.