fifteen

Zeni walked in quietly to see Criss asleep with a heart mentioner beeping away.  She starred at how peacefully Criss looked in bed.  Even thou she slept over a few times with Criss he never made a move on her which she didn't mind Zeni was just happy to be with Criss.  "Zeni is that you?" Criss asked softly.  Zeni brought over a chair and sat next to him.  "It's me Criss how did you know?".  "Your perfume Peaches and Mint I love the smell of it" he said. 

"Now I know why you love kissing my neck so much" as Criss chuckled.  "What happened?"he asked as Zeni brush a piece of hair from his face.  "You had a blood clot that broke off and traveled to your heart.  Criss you scared everyone including me I thought I almost lost you tonight" as tears fell down her face.  "Zeni I've been thinking about this and this episode has shown me how much you mean to me so will you marry me?" he asked with a smile. 

Zeni started to cry a little as she hugged Criss.  "Yes Criss I will but that's wait on telling everyone until you're out of here".  "Agreed".  A few days passed and Criss really wanted to tell the family about the impeding marriage but Zeni said that Criss had to meet her family before they revel their secret.  That night Zeni drove Criss to her family home. 

When they got there Tamara was outside with the family dog.  "Hey guys you made it just in time dinner's all most ready".  "Who's this guy".  "This is Brimstone" Tamara remarked.  The dog walked over to Criss and smelled his chair than Criss.  He got up on his hind legs and started to lick Criss.  "Nice guy"Criss replied as Tamara got him down. 

"Well you've won Brimstone's approval" Zeni stated as they laughed.  "Animals love me shall we go in".  She opened the door and walked in but Criss was having some trouble getting in the door.  "Can you get through Criss?".  He pushed through and made sure he didn't do any damage to the door.  "Criss this is my mother".  "Genie please" shaking Criss's hand.  "Nice to meet you too" Criss said. 

"So what's for dinner?" Zeni asked.  "My famous hot sauce Chicken with corn on the cob, and coleslaw" she replied.  Zeni turned to Criss who looked worried.   "What's wrong?" she asked softly.  "I can't have anything hot my stomach can't take it I'll be stinking up this place worse that newborn's dirty diaper"Criss replied.  "Let me talk to my mom and see what I can do" and went over to her.  "Mom do you have anymore chicken with out the hot sauce on it". 

"Why?"she asked.  "Criss can't handle hot stuff makes him really sick he feels bad that he didn't let you know about this" Zeni said.  "Don't worry Zeni I always make a batch of my sweet chicken just incase some visitors can't take the heat".  "Mommy I love you" giving her a hug.  "Thanks now bring our guest a drink"she said.  Her father comes over and looks at Criss. 

"Who's the wheel bound person?".  "Dad that's Christopher I told you he was coming to dinner to meet the family" as she brought Criss over a drink.  When dinner came they all sat at the kitchen table.  "Why are we eating in the kitchen instead of the dining room?" her father asked annoyed.  "Because the table is too high for Criss sweetie"her mother replied.  

"Everything smells so good".  "Why thank you Christopher or do you like Criss?".  "Either one my mother has always called me  Christopher I'd think something was wrong with my mother if she ever called me Criss" he stated with a chuckle.  "So Criss my daughter tells me you use to be a magician job get too tough". 

"Dad be nice" Zeni stated.  "Honestly it was hard to do the things I did in a wheelchair so I retired" Criss replied.  "I hear you and my daughter are playing matchmaker with Tamara and your brother Costa-did I say it right"her mother inquired.  "Yes you did mom"Zeni replied.  "Tamara and my brother kind of fell for eachother as soon as they met"Criss replied.  

"*Αυτός ο άνθρωπος δεν είναι καλός για Zeni μου. Μάλλον έπινε και οδηγούσε γι ' αυτό είναι στην καρέκλα"her father mumbled in Greek.   "You're wrong sir I was shot in the back that's why I'm in this chair.  Excuse me I think I should leave".  "Great going dad" Zeni said and helped Criss outside. 

"I'm sorry Criss about my father he's just stuck in his old way".  "I just felt like he only saw me as a handicap person not the man who wants to marry his daughter" Criss replied.   "Come on I'll drive you home".  She put Criss's chair in the back and they left.

* This man is no good for my Zeni. He probably was drinking and driving that's why he's in that chair.