TWO

After the guys finished lunch they went looking around when they ran into Rose. "Christopher how are you The Luxor isn't the same with out you". "Thanks Rose I kind of miss doing my show at The Luxor" he replied. "Criss we can work out a plan for your show considering your limitations" she remarked. "No thanks Rose excuse me" and Criss went off as Klayton said good-bye.

When he caught up with Criss he was in a corner with tears falling down his face. "You all right man you looked ready to burn rubber" as Klayton sat next to him. "I just never liked that word limitation it's the first word I heard when I got into this stupid thing" Criss remarked. "Well there's one thing you need Criss is your family ever since you became paralyzed you cut your brothers out of your life".

"Because they treated me like I was unable to do the simplest thing because my legs don't work. I told them to stop treating me like a baby or get out so they did" Criss replied.  "I think it's time to show them that you're not that person anymore Criss that you can do things on your own". "Thanks" and gave his friend a hug. When Criss got home his mother was pulling up with JD driving. "Hey mom what a surprise to see you".

"I see you've come out of your cave Christopher". "Yea I just had lunch with Klayton come on in". "How did you get there did Klayton pick you up?" JD asked as Criss unlocked the door. "No I have a car that was made for a person who paralyzed below the waist to drive" he replied. Criss rolled in and held the door for them.

"Did you rearrange the house Christopher?". "Kind of had to mom". "How do you get to your bed room drag your legs up the stairs with you?" JD asked which made his mother give him the evil eye. "Around the corner I had an elevator put in to make it a little easier for me to get upstairs" Criss replied. His mother saw the elevator and smiled at him. "Why don't you go upstairs I'll meet you up there" Criss remarked.

They climbed the stairs as Criss got into the elevator when they got to the last stair Criss appeared shutting the door. "That's interesting Christopher it almost blends into the wall" she replied. They went into his bedroom as Criss wheeled in. "It doesn't look that different Criss". "When they put in the elevator I asked a contractor who makes houses for people in wheelchair and asked if I needed to change my bedroom. He didn't thinks so but he installed a shower for me" Criss replied as Dimitra went into the bathroom.

"It matches the titles to a 'T' Christopher" his mother called out. "I had some left over from when I had the house built thank god I'm a bit of a pack rat" Criss stated. "I still think you need a roommate or someone to watch over you Criss" JD stated. "JD he's done good being alone here" Dimitra remarked. "But what if he falls down the stairs who would help him". "JD I've lived here on my own for three years I'm not a baby" Criss stated getting angry. "I'll be outside mom" and JD left.

Dimitra walked over to her son and got down on her knees. "Don't be upset Christopher he's only looking out for you". "I know but he just doesn't see that I can take care of myself"Criss said. She got up and gave her son a hug. "I'll come over tonight and we'll have dinner together I'll make you your favorite". Criss smiled and wheeled his mom to the door. In the car JD was just sitting there as his mother came in.

"All right what is bugging you so much about Christopher". "I'm just scared for him that's all". "I want the truth JD a mother can tell when her children are lying" she remarked. "I was suppose to be with Criss that night but I bailed on him and if I was there that night Criss wouldn't be in that fucking chair"JD remarked. "And you feel guilty about what happened with Christopher". "It's my fault he's in that chair mom and I don't know how make this guilt go away" as JD start to cry.