twenty-one

That night Klayton was reading when the phone rang

That night Klayton was reading when the phone rang. "Klayton massage therapist how may I help you" he answered. Klayton heard laughing on the other end. "You're a nutball that needs to be committed". "Hey wheelie how was the appointment and what do you have coming". "I got a son coming soon"he replied with happiness. Criss could hear hoot and hollering from the other end which made Criss laugh more. "Sorry so you have a son coming great" Klayton said seriously.

"I could hear you hooting and hollering like you won a jackpot at The Mirage from the phone" Criss stated. "So how's Zeni doing?". "She's got  high blood pressure so they admitted her to the hospital just incase it turns into preeclampsia than junior has to come whether (coughing) he's ready or not". "You all right?"Klayton inquired. Criss cough again but when he pulled his hand from his mouth there was blood on his hand. "Klay-I-need-y". The phone went dead which sent Klayton running to his car and driving like hell on wheels. He got to the house but the door was locked.

"CHRISTOPHER!!"he called out. He could see the wheel chair and Criss on the floor not moving. Klayton grabbed the extra key like last time and ran in to find Criss on the floor. "Criss wake up". Criss wasn't moving and barely breathing. Klayton grabbed his cell as he dialed 9-1-1. "Come on buddy you're not leaving this earth with out me fighting the man at the pearly gates"

At the hospital Costa and Tamara were visiting Zeni. "I can't believe you developed high blood pressure" Tamara stated. "If I just relax this little boy isn't going to come early" she replied. "Have you and Criss figured out what you're going name him?"."Criss wants to name him after your father and I agreed to if we name him Johnny Crissopher have a bit of his grandfather and father" she replied.

Costa's phone started to ring loudly so he went to the hall. "Klay how in god's green earth do you have my number?". "Listen I'm on the way to the hospital with Criss something's wrong with him". "What do you mean Klay what's wrong with my brother?". "I don't know I was talking to him than the line went dead I drove to the house to find him on the floor in a small puddle of blood. Look they may need a family member to make decision for him so met me downstairs but don't tell Zeni I don't want to send her into labor".

"OK" and hung up. "Who was that?" as Costa came back in. "My mom JD's car broke down so I have to pick up both of them". "Why don't I come with you?" Tamara suggested. "No you stay here with your sister I won't be long" and left. "I swear these Sarantakos boys are weird sometimes" Tamara remarked. "Remind me to ask his mother if this is just something they were born with or taught" Zeni suggested as Tamara chuckled. Downstairs Klayton was pacing as Costa ran over nearly knocking Klay down. "Have they talk to you about Criss?". "Nothing they brought him into a room and told me to stay out here" Klayton remarked. The doctor came out and walked over to Klayton and Costa. "Doctor I'm Criss's brother what's going on?".

"Your brother is dying the bullet is causing his organs to shut down" he replied. "Why don't you take the bullet out?"Costa asked. "I can't there's too much risk involved considering where it is".  "Listen I don't care about the risk I just want my brother to be all right"Costa replied. "I'm sorry there's nothing I can do you better get your family here so you can say good-bye" and the doctor walked off.