twenty-three

It was nearly one in the morning when Doc came over everyone expect Klayton were asleep.  Klay saw Doc and walked over.  "So how did it go?".  "Considering where that bullet was most people wouldn't of survived, but your friend is a fighter" he replied.  "Thanks again Doc and I'll get the money together to pay back the debt" Klayton remarked.  Doc put his hands on Klayton's shoulder and look him straight in his eyes. 

"Forget about it Klay I could tell just by your voice how much this man's friendship means to you,".  Klay smiled.  "Now take a page from your friend and settle down, have some rugrats" Doc stated .  I'll try Doc".  Then Dimitra woke up.  "Klayton is this the man who saved my son?" she asked getting up.  "Yes Doctor Gamble I asked him not to wake you and your sons since it's so late".  "Is my son alive?" she asked.  "Your son is a fighter and if the stars are align he may be able to walk again.  Fingers crossed".

Dimitra walked over to Doc and gave him a hug as tears fell down her face.  "Thank you so much for saving my son you're my family's angel"she said with tears falling down her face.  Doc didn't know what to say as Klayton just stood there watching.  "You're welcome but I have to go but I'll be praying for your son".  Doc left as Klayton walked over to Dimitra.  "Thank you again Klayton for finding that surgeon that saved Christopher". 

"You know me now why don't I take you and the guys back to the house before med student come around and thinks they're autopsy candidates " Klay replied.  She playful slapped him as they woke up JD and Costa.  After Klay dropped them off he wanted to check on Johnny.  When he got to the NICU Klayton saw baby Johnny in the incubator.  "Come on Johnny if you're like your parents you have the will to live"Klayton whispered as he put his hand on the window.  Johnny started to cry loud enough that the nurses heard him. 

Klayton smiled as the nurses checked him out.  A few days went by and Criss woke up to see his friend a sleep in the window sill.  Criss took his pillow and threw it at Klayton which startled him.  Criss laughed as Klayton threw it back at him.  "I see you're feeling better".  "What happened?" Criss asked.  Klayton grabbed a chair and sat down.  "The chemicals in the bullet were shutting down your organs you almost died" Klayton stated.  "So the bullet is out of me?".  "Yup and you're a dad too your son was born when you went into surgery"Klayton replied. 

"Oh my god is he all right what about Zeni?". "Relax they're both fine and at Serenity with your mother spoiling her first grandson" as Criss chuckled.  "I should get going and tell your family you're awake".  As Klayton walked past Criss's bed he took a pin and poked Criss's foot.  "Ouch what was that for?".  "To show you that you can feel pain again"he replied as it hit Criss.  "I'm not paralyzed!!".  "Yup and the doctor said that when your back is healed enough you can start physical therapy to learn to walk again.  You maybe walking before your son" which made Criss chuckle.