45

song for chapter:
motion - khalid
| I'm so entranced by you, it hurts |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

jaylee's pov
sunday 1:30pm

me: what time should I come over?

raven: 2:00?

me: okay sounds good

raven: again, thank you for doing this

me: we've been needing to talk so it's no problem
me: we need to clear the air

raven: I 100% agree

me: good

raven: there's some things I haven't been telling you
raven: I'm done hiding everything
raven: you deserve the full truth

me: I have a lot of questions

raven: I'll answer all of them

me: if you're planning on lying then don't bother wasting my time
me: I've been lied to way to many times by not only you, but Ethan too.

raven: I know. I will be honest

me: okay
me: I'll be there soon

raven: okay

I locked my phone, sliding it into my back pocket as I walked towards my bedroom door, opening it before walking out. I shut the door behind me, then jogging down the stairs.

"jaylee." my dads voice was direct, coming from the kitchen. "your mother and I need to talk to you." he stated as if it weren't an option.

I inhaled a deep breath through my nose as I looked into the kitchen seeing both my mom and dad standing around the island kitchen counter-their eyes were pinned directly onto me.

without saying anything, I walked towards the kitchen being aware that this could turn out very bad depending on what it is they want to talk about.

although, there really is no say in if this is going to be bad or not. my parents haven't really been apart of my life recently. they sort of calmed down after sammy and I broke up.

both of their eyes were on me; my moms arms holding onto the counter while my dads arms were crossed as he leaned back against the counter.

"what's going on?" my eyebrows were narrowed out of confusion and concern, not understanding why they are staring at me so hard.

"I just got a text from sammy's mom." my mom slid her phone towards me at the opposite end of the counter.

my eyes looked down to the phone seeing a long paragraph texted from sammy's mom to my mom.

wilk: hi, I'm just texting you to let you know that we have made the choice to send sammy to a mental health institution. due to his recent heavy drug usage and sudden aggressive outbreaks, it's something that needs to be done. we will be staying in our friends house while sammy is in the institution, so we will not be in town for a while. I'm sorry it has to be this way.