72

song for chapter:
halo - beyoncé (acoustic version suggested)
| you're everything I need and more |
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

jaylee's pov

my eyes scattered across the hospital waiting room, seeing multiple different types of people waiting. all looking so stressed, so worried.

"those two guys over there." I raised my arm, pointing my finger in the direction of grayson and froy. both of them were standing with their arms crossed as they talked to each other, not even a small budge of a smile on either of their faces.

sitting in my wheel chair, the nurse began to push me towards them. the closer I got, I could feel myself become more nervous knowing that I had to talk to grayson.

it isn't that I'm nervous to talk to him about the whole situation, I'm more anxious about how he is going to perceive what I am going to say, and how he will react.

I just want this to go positively and make sure that we are both on the same page. no problems, no miscommunication, only assurance.

froy's eyes turned directly to me, taking a second to process what he was looking at. "jaylee!" his voice sounded uplifting, yet relieved as he cut grayson off mid conversation.

a weak smile spread across my lips as the nurse stopped me in front of them. "hi froy." my voice was drained causing my tone to stay low.

"I came as soon as I woke up. good thing my alarm actually decided to go off this morning." he chuckled lightly at his unorganized habits before bending down and giving me a light hug.

"I'm just happy you got here before my parents." I spoke over his shoulder as I hugged him back. "if they saw that only guys were here for me, they'd flip their shit." I told him before letting go of the hug.

I could feel the nurse put her hand onto my shoulder, making me to look up at her. "do you want me to leave you here for a bit?" she asked with a kind tone.

"yes please," I nodded my head as I turned back to look at froy, "can I actually just talk to grayson for a minute?" I questioned, knowing I needed to have this conversation.

my eyes shifted to grayson, seeing his eyebrows raise a bit as if he had been taken off guard. looking away from me, he turned to froy to see what he was going to say.

"yeah of course." froys eyebrows stayed sharp as he gave me a stern look to assure me it was okay. "is osman in there with ethan?" he pointed his thumb towards the hallway.

"yeah." I nodded as I turned my head and looked down the hallway. "room, 204." I informed him before looking back to him.

"I can lead the way for you." the nurse gave froy a sweet smile as she waited for him to follow her.

"okay," he nodded his head, looking back and forth between grayson and I. "I'll see you guys in a little bit." he stuck his hand up, waving it lightly before following the nurse down the hallway.

it grew quiet as the both of us watched froy walk down the hallway until we could no longer see him.

grayson exhaled a large stress—filled breath, causing me to turn my head to look back up to him. "jaylee, we don't have to talk about it right now." he assured me, not wanting to put an extra weight on my shoulders.