Whats going on?

*after school*

Hayes POV

I have to walk home with Maddie. Maybe we can talk things out. I started walking towards the buss ramp where he planned to meet. All of a sudden I got slammed into the wall. But by who? I see Kyle and jake.

"What the heck dude?" I say and get up, but only to be pushed back down.

"We heard you defended that thing. Now you are going to pay for leaving us. And so is she." Jake says while pointing somewhere.

I follow his finger and he was pointing at Maddie. Cluelessly waiting at the buss ramp. For me. Without thinking I kick jake and punch Kyle, making sure I hit their sensitive spots, and run off. I run up to Maddie and look down on her because she is so short. "We need to go. Now" I say and grab her hand and start running. We get out of school property and notice she is limping and holding her side where the girls beat her. I pick her up and let her rap her legs around my waist and she asks me. "What's going on?" "We have to get away from bad people trying to hurt me, and most important. You." I look into her beautiful brown eyes as I say that and I could tell she was confused so I stated "I will explain later" and take off. About 7 minutes later I see Nash and he runs to us and asks what's wrong. "Take her to the house quickly and don't let anything happen to her. Understand?" I say and he nods his head. I gave my princess away because I know Nash could run faster than me. And like I thought he got home before I did and was on the couch. "What was that about bro" he ask. I explain everything. "Where is Maddie" I ask. "In your room. Probably sleeping. She was so beaten up she was tired from moving." And with that I took off upstairs and see a beautiful girl asleep on my bed. I decided to join her like we used to. I wrapped my arm around her which made her notice my presence. " do you mind." I say... "Nope. But I am still waiting for an explanation for why we had to run home." She said. I told her and we were sitting up now. After I was done she crawled on my lap and said thank you. and we both fell asleep.