{Part Thirty Six ~ Bailey's POV}

I rushed around the house, straightening up before Soda came over. I was wiping the counter off again wjen I heard a knock at the door.
"Coming," I yelled as I jogged to open it.
Soda greeted me with a gentle kiss. I smiled up at him, "It's nice to see you too."
He stepped back and bounced on the balls of his feet, as energetic as ever, "So, are we baking a cake or what?"
I stepped aside so he could walk past me. I already had the ingredients out. The mixing went quickly because Soda knew the recipe by heart. When the batter was in the oven and we were covered in flour and cocoa powder, Soda reached forward, using the pad of his thumb to wipe some off my chin. I bit my lip before leaning in and kissing his lips softly. As I pulled away, he pulled me back in and kissed with a hunger this time.
He pulled back and whispered, "You taste like chocolate." As he said the words, we were both laughing.
His smile slowly faded and was replaced by an intense stare, "Can I be forward for a moment?"
I stopped laughing too and nodded.
A light smile graced his features, "I can see a future with you. I think I want to marry you."
I smiled back, "I feel the same way, but I have to graduate first. After that though, we can start our lives together anytime you want."
His smile grew, "I'll start counting down right now."
He leaned in for another kiss but stopped short when the timer went off, "Cakes done."
We both walked to retrieve it from the oven before setting it on the counter to cool.
He turned to me with a raised eyebrow, "Where were we?" He leaned back in and didn't pull away until we both needed air.
"I love you," I whispered.
He smiled down at me, "I love you, too."
I shook my head and looked down, "We sound like two lovesick puppies."
He grinned at me, "I'm okay with that as long as it's with you."
We both laughed, "Gosh, you're so cheesy!"
He rolled his eyes but continued to chuckle, "I thought that was smooth."
I smirked, "I'll show you smooth." I bit my lip and was ready to turn my flirting all the way up when the doorbell rang.
Soda sighed, "I actually really wanted to see that."
I giggled as I got up to see who was here. Outside the door stood a very uncertain looking Steve, "Is Soda, here?"
I nodded as Soda stepped up behind me, "Everything alright?"
Steve looked unsure, "We talked Two-bit out of heading for Texas but Dally's gone. I think he's headed to Pony and Johnny but we didn't find out about it until just now so it's too late to follow."
Soda nodded but didn't look surprised, "Thanks for telling me, Steve. That all?"
Steve nodded and left.
I looked at Soda, "Are you alright?"
He shrugged but seemed stressed, "I figured Dally knew where they were so I gave him a letter for Pony. I can't expect much more but I trust Dally to get it to him."
Instead of responding I pulled him into a tight hug.