{Part Fourty Four ~ Veronica's POV}

The funerals came and went. Johnny's was full of not only his friends but strangers, too, because of his heroic efforts.
Dallas had a smaller turnout. Mostly his friends, a few scattered adults I assumed to be relatives.
I sat next to Steve and held his hand, the both of us clutching to one another when it became too much.
Bailey and Soda both tried to comfort eachother and it helped to distract them.
Darry and Pony sat to Soda's side but were quiet through the ceremonies.
Two-Bit kept Heather and Anne company, comforting her when it got especially hard.
A few weeks after things were starting to return to normal.
School provided the routine we desperately needed. Sometimes Bailey and I would see Pony in the halls and he'd give us a smile and wave that we happily returned. There were days he even sat with us at lunch.
The year flew by and before we knew it, it was graduation. Soda proposed that night.
We were at Bailey's place with our favorite group of greasers. He had gotten down on one knee and pulled out a ring. Everyone was watching in awe as he delivered a sweet speech. Bailey was literally speechless so she just stuck to nodding. Everyone cheered when they shared a kiss.
I was asked to be her maid of honer, Heather and her sister bridesmaids. Anne was now a bit past 2 so they trusted she'd be able to walk down the aisle as the flower girl.
Soda had chosen Steve as his best man and his brothers as the groomsmen.
Everything was crazy as they planned. They were going with a simple wedding but that didn't mean they didn't want it perfect.
Right down to the sunset colored iris in her bouquet.