{Part Thirty Nine ~ Bailey's POV}

It was the day of the rumble and my nerves continued to build. Soda made me promise to wait for him back at his place and not come anywhere near the lot so I felt even more anxious. Veronica was here to see Steve when he got back and Heather was here to keep us company. Anne was staying at her sitter's so Heather was available if anything went wrong.
We sat in mostly silence until the boys all returned through the door.
They were bloodied but smiling brightly.
Veronica ran to Steve while I wrapped Soda in my arms.
Heather glanced around the room, "Where's Pony?"
Two-bit replied, "He and Dally went to tell Johnny we won."
Heather seemed upset by something in that sentence but I couldn't figure out what.
Soda placed a hard kiss on my cheek, "We won!"
I nodded, "I can tell, now let's get you cleaned up."
Soda showed me where the supplies were and I was quickly wiping away blood and bandaging anything that needed it.
Soda had a hard time not moving while I worked, always leaning in for a kiss whenever the washcloth left his skin.
As soon as I was done, he pushed his mouth to mine and captured my lips in a kiss. I was first to pull away but that was two minutes later.
The phone rang in the room over. We walked in as Darry hung up, "Dally's robbed a store and has the cops after him. We gotta hide him." He announced. The faces around the room were all shocked but Heather's features showed the most.
Her skin a few shades lighter than usual and her eyes wide.