✨Robyn & Chris's Interlude✨

Idk who needs to hear this, but let that nigga go

Idk who needs to hear this, but let that nigga go. He is no good for you, and is not worth the unnecessary stress and heartache. Anyways continue reading HOE for clear skin✨

Also if y'all haven't noticed this chapter is titled Robyn and Chris's Interlude which will be a chapter focused solely on them. If you follow my IG account @/theawkwardblackgirl then you would know that I put a poll suggesting this a few months ago. All of the characters will eventually get their own chapters or 'Interludes' down the line and some will have multiple. Although this chapter is a lot shorter compared to the others, it's necessary with a book like this plus I didn't want to have to make y'all wait any longer for another update. I never changed the titles for the collages so ignore it. Hope y'all like this. 🥰🥺

••••••••••

✨Omniscient✨

Mr. Maurice sighed deeply, as he massaged the back of his neck, feeling soreness and tension building up. It was currently 4:50 PM, and he found himself confined to his desk, grading papers and overlooking the handbook for the basketball coach, a position he had just taken on.

The promotion meant more money and less time spent dwelling on his disaster of a personal life. After spending most of his night calling relatives to update August's family on his wellbeing, Chris was more than exhausted. He had purchased August's mother, and brother a one way ticket to Houston from Oakland. He wanted to make sure they were comfortable while staying with him, so he'd spent most of his morning cleaning up his house before leaving for work.

He still couldn't believe everything that had happened with August. He was still in shock learning he had overdosed on his anxiety meds. He felt horrible for not paying more attention to him because he was caught up in his own mess.

Unable to focus, Chris threw his pen down, rubbing his throbbing temples.

Knock! Knock!

Chris looked up at the sound of someone knocking on his door. "Come in!" He called out, loosening his tie.

The door slowly opened and Giselle poked her head through the table. "Hey I don't mean to be a bother, but can you show me how to use this student teacher portal? I'm trying to upload some scholarships for the seniors to apply for, but I just can't figure out how to use this," she sighed, looking at her laptop in confusion.