~ Chapter Thirty-One : I Can't Do This ~

"Alright Olivia. I'll see you soon okay? I'll pick you up and then we can go somewhere for dinner." I announced to her as she jumped from the car. She looked at her school for a second before crawling back into the car and wrapping me into a hug. I sighed happily and hugged her back. "Alright, you need to go." I announced quietly, "You don't want to be late." Livy quickly pushed herself out of the car, slamming the door shut and running into the elementary school. I sighed happily and gripped the steering wheel. I stared down at my phone that laid in the cup holder. A hand rested on my stomach as a sick feeling flooded through my body. He needs to know. I need to know. I cleared my throat and dailed his number.  "(Y/N) is everything okay?" "I got a call from someone the other day..." My voice slightly cracked as I wiped the tears from my eyes, "You're using me?" The line went dead. "Chase." I choked, "Are you using me?" "That was before. Stacy was paying me to mess up your life, and I took the money. I was supposed to fall in love with you-" "You used me for money!" I shouted over him, "Now I really see where you- where WE stand!" "No, (Y/N)! It's not like that anymore-" "I don't want to hear it anymore!" I cried, "I'm sorry. We're done. I can't-" I covered my mouth with a shaking hand, closing my eyes tightly as tears fell down my cheeks. "Love...please don't do this...please..." His voice quivered. "Don't talk to me...." I whispered. "Please...let me explain myself-" Before he could finish, I hung up and slammed my phone into the passenger seat. My head fell back onto the headrest as the tears fell faster and faster down my face. Where am I going to go? What about Olivia? I bit my lip and started up the car.
       I threw my bag into the back seat of my tiny car, wiping my tears as I tuck Chase's apartment key back into its hiding space. I let out a shivery sigh and shoved my hair from my face, I don't need him. I shoved the key into the ignition and called a close friend. He's going to help me, I know it.
.....
.....
"H-Hey? What's up?"
"Hey....uh...I need a place to stay."
"What happened with you and Chase-"
"Stacy is going to take Olivia since Chase is still on tour. I just need somewhere tonight."
"....uh...uh, yeah sure. You can stay as long want. I'll get the house ready."

      I gently knocked onto the oak door, bouncing on the balls on my feet. Rain poured helplessly onto the Earth. My face was warm from my upset state, and my heart ached in pain. How could he do that to me? I love him. Suddenly, the door swung open, and there stood an awkward James. I smiled sadly, "Lovely weather, right?" He chuckled, but seriousness set onto his face as his rested his hand on my forehead, "You're burning up. Come inside." He gently grabbed my hand and pulled me to the living room, slightly pushing me into the couch. He grabbed blankets and wrapped them around my body, "I'm making tea. Would you like some?" I nodded gently, pulling the blankets tighter onto my body. He later returned with two cups, handing one to me and then sitting himself down across from me, rubbing his thumbs over the glass frame, "Do you want to tell me what happened?" My head fell, looking down into the tea, "Chase was using me for money...." James cocked his head to the side, "That doesn't sound like something he'd do-" "He was supposed to fuck up my life! Stacy was paying him to mess up everything I had!" I shouted. I quickly glanced at James' worried expression and took a deep breath, "I'm sorry...I'm still trying to wrap my head around the break up and everything..." James leaned towards me, placing a caring hand on my arms, gently rubbing with his thumb, "You're going to be okay." He brushed the tears from my red cheeks, "Why don't you go get cleaned up? There's a shower upstairs. I'm sure there's some shampoo and such you can use. You do have clothes, right?" I weakly held up my backpack. He nodded softly, "I'll go get your room prepared."

I stuffed my bag into the corner of my bedroom, me being to exhausted to put them away in a dresser. James watched closely from the doorway, his body resting on the wood. I slowly turned to him and gave him a small smile. He seemed to jump slightly, then awkwardly scratching the back of his neck, "I hope you're comfortable." He stuttered out. I giggled and sat on the puffy bed, patting a spot next to me. James -hesitantly- took a seat next to me, folding his hands in his lap. I looked at him for a second, but then quickly turned away. "I'm sorry about...our past." He mumbled quietly. I settled my hand on his, rubbing it gently with my thumb, "James. It's fine. That's in the past, we've...moved on from all that." He gave me a small smile, then pulling me into a tight embrace, "Thank you..."