~ Chapter Fifty : Till Death Do Us Part ~

"We are gathered here today to mourn the death of Chase Dylan Brody." The preacher softly spoke, "He lived a life full of love and happiness. He was a man that cherished his friends, his daughter, and his wife. He had many tough obstacles in his life, but he pushed through with the help of his wife and daughter." I stared off into the distance, looking at the gray stones piled into the ground, miles and miles of them. Then I look at his. It's not real, it isn't real. 'Chase Brody (1987-20XX) A father and a husband. Loved by many.' I blinked away the tears as I felt someone rest their hand on my shoulder. Robin. I weakly smiled at him. "Just breathe." He mumbled weakly, "Breathe." He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me close to his chest. This just isn't happening. He's not dead. He was fine hours ago...he's not dead. It's not his body in that casket. "His wife would like to come up and say a few words." Sucking in a deep breath, I wiped my wet face and approached the pedestal. My breath was trembling, along with my hands and legs. He's not dead.

"I first met Chase at a library. He was going some stupid video with Robin, and I was a stuck up snob with my studies." I giggled quietly, "He bought me a coffee." Everyone released a small laugh. I looked about into the crowd, spotting familiar faces. Max, Chloe, Robin, Mark, Amy, even Stacy. She was crying. She cared. "Chase and I had a rough time trying to get where we are now. Breakups along with fights. We tried - for years- to try and have a baby...it never happened." I smiled at the photo of him next to me, "But we still were happy. He was happy. We still went on trips and played with Olivia." I opened my mouth to speak again, but I got stuck, my throat was jammed. Tears began to flow, "He's not dead..." I whimpered. Robin's eyes widened as he stared at me. Everyone looked worried, my parents looked panicked. "H-He's not dead!" I choked and gripped onto my black dress. I screamed out his name as Robin pulled me off stage and held me tightly in his arms as I beat against his chest. "I have to get home!" I shouted, "He's waiting for me!" Stacy then pulled my face to met hers and wiping my tears, "(Y/N)...he's gone. Chase - your husband - died in surgery after a car accident. He died, (Y/N). He's gone." "No..." I vigorously shook my head, "No, no, no. He's not dead!" My mom gently kissed my forehead as she used a shaky hand to brush the hair from my face, "Baby, it's going to be okay." "Mom." I  sobbed, "Mom, he's dead. He's gone."

I sat in silence as I watched everyone gently talk about the memories of Chase we all shared. A few people laughed here and there, but everyone still had tears dripping down their faces. Was it normal to feel so empty? I want him next to me. I want him here now. "It's okay, babydoll." My father slurred. A green beer bottle was held in his hands. "The bastard deserved it." He finished. "Are you drinking...?" I sobbed, "At my husband's funeral?" "He doesn't deserve peace." He chuckled and took another gulp, "I mean, I'm the damn fool that hit him with my truck at full speed." My whole world stopped. I slowly turned to look at him, "Y-You what?" "I hit him with my truck, at full speed." He slowly described, "And then I pulled him out of the vehicle, and repeatedly beat him in the head with a crowbar." Everyone came to a dead stop and turned towards him. "You hurt Chase?" "Honey..." My mother ran up and wrapped her arms around my shoulders, "Your father is drunk, he doesn't know what he's talking about-" "I ran into your sober husband and beat him in the  head till he choked up blood!" He shouted, "All because that damn bastard had it coming to him. "You psycho!" I screamed and punched into his chest, "You took him away from me, you bitch!" He only smirked at me. "And while we're on the topic..." He chuckled darkly and held my chin between his fingers, "I killed your daughter. Choked her out until she sprawled out and her eyes were forced open forever." "You bastard!" I shouted, "Go to hell!" "(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Mark shouted and pulled me away from my dad, hugging me against his chest, "Stop, it's not worth it." "He hurt my family..." I sobbed, "He took everyone I loved..." Police sirens wailed in the distance as they approached the funeral, two cops then stepping out of their cars and latching onto my father. "You deserves so much better than that bastard!" He slurred, "He died like he should've!" "You killed my daughter!" I shouted painfully, "You killed my husband! You ruined my life, you sick fuck!" Mark ran his fingers through my hair and gently kissed my forehead, "It's going to be okay...it's going to be fine..."

~ The End ~
Yes, this was a very tragic ending, but not everyone deserves happy endings. I hope you enjoyed this small like fanfic with all the twist and turns. Ups and downs.