~ Chapter Thirty-Eight : Sick ~

I huffed loudly and huffed onto the couch, dramatically wiping the sweat from my forehead, "Chase, please tell me we're almost done." Chase chuckled and placed a box labeled 'Photos' next to me, "Don't worry, Love. That was the last box." I cheered silently as I continued to gasp of air. "You can't be that much out of breath!" Chase awed. I giggled quietly and leaned up slightly, "I don't know. I just feel like I'm running out of breath really quickly these days." Chase then laid on top of me, adding all his body weight. "Chase you psycho!" I screamed, "G-Get off! I can't breath!" Soon again, I started choking for air, sending him into a panic. "(Y/N)!" He cried, "I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were being for real!" I wheezed and looked at him through pained eyes, "What is wrong with you?!" Chase backed away, frightened, "Love...I didn't know, I'm s̷-̵s̵o̴r̷r̸y̵." Chase grabbed chunks of his hair, pulling them as he cried, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." He repeated.

         "I'm sorry." I snapped back into place, releasing where I was once again. The woman gave me a soft look, "Ma'am." I shook my head, "Sorry, what did you say?" "I'm sorry, but Doctor Collins isn't here. Do you think you can schedule an appointment later?" "I called..." I frowned, "I called and they said he was here, why isn't he here?" "Something happened with his wife, she went into labor." The receptionist replied, only half listening. I nodded slowly and patted the counter, "I'll call for an appointment again later." She smiled softly and shooed me onto my way. I unlocked my car door and sat myself inside, looking down at my food. I smiled softly, the picture of me shoving ice cream in Chase's face shining through the glass screen. We had recently started moving things into our new house, but it was a bit difficult due to the fact that Chase and I work and Olivia goes to school. Fortunately, some of our friends gladly help to pack stuff up into the moving van. I just didn't think moving would be this stressful. Plus, I haven't been feeling the greatest, Chase says it's because it's December, and I haven't been vaccine yet. I was supposed to be today, but my doctor is away. It's just not my day today.

"Chase!" I giggled, "To your left!" He groaned and tilted the couch more to his left, and soon, it squeezed through the doorway. We positioned it in the living room, then collapsing onto into, holding each other's bodies. "That was so much work..." Chase chuckled. I smiled and patted his belly, "You could use it." He gave me a playful glare and help me up from the couch, "We only have a little more to go, then we have to go pick up Olivia from school, then we can go out to dinner." I groaned and pushed my hair back from my face, "Sounds like a busy day." Chase kissed my temple and rubbed my back, "We're almost done."

I smiled as Olivia crawled into the car, waving goodbye to her friends and teachers. Chase patted her knee, "How was school bláth beag?" She smiled and pulled out some of her note books and handed them to me, "It was good! Mrs. Daisy said I had had pretty drawings!" I looked through the papers, mostly of them covered with little stick figures, flowers, and little drawings of Avery. I giggled softly and showed Chase, who smiled in approval, "I see we have a little artist in the family. Olivia blushed and smiled brightly, "I want to be a famous artist! And I'll draw beautiful pictures, and give you guys the money!" She chanted. Chase and I laughed at our ambitious child. "What do we want for dinner, Livy?" I asked. She pondered for a moment, then clapped excitedly, "Can we go to McDonald's?" I smiled, but the thought of greasy food made me feel sick to my stomach, I gagged quietly. Chase looked at me with concern, "Are you okay?" I nodded gently, "Yeah, just felt a little sick. I'm fine now." I smiled softly and hummed, "Let's go get some food!" Olivia cheered from the back seat.

I crashed onto our new bed, this was going to be the first night sleeping in our new home. I smelled the new bed sheets and smiled, "Home at last." "You can say that again." Chase chuckled from behind. I watched as Chase slowly removed his shirt, dropping it to the floor. My face burned red. He smirked and grabbed onto his sweatpants, "What are you looking at?" I lost my words and quickly looked away from him, burying my face in my pillow. Chase poked my butt, "What's wrong?" I giggled and swatted him away, "Don't poke me." He gently straddled me and placed a kiss on my forehead, then quickly pulling away, "Geez, you're warm." I sighed and pushed him off of me gently, "Probably cause I was blushing like mad." He smiled and ran a hand through my hair, "We should get some rest, and I fear that you might be getting sick." I shrugged and pulled the blanket over my body and snuggled deeper into the bed. He scoffed and pulled me to his chest, "Man, I feel the love." I giggled and snuggled into his chest as he ran his fingers through my hair. I listened to his hair beat, slowly falling into a dark void.