~ Chapter Fourty-Eight : Recover ~

It's been six months since Olivia's death. Over that period, Avery noticed that she was never coming home, and was overwhelmed with sadness, soon then passing away while cuddled up to her stuff animals. We then buried them next to each other. They were best friends after all. We collected all of his toys and neatly placed them in her room. The house was always empty and silent. Chase had gotten a therapist since he was slowly turning to alcohol. I was glad for him. He was better, smiling and laughing a lot more. Therapy slowly continued. We went on more dates, and continued to celebrate Olivia's birthday. I think Chade just pretended that she was at college. Anything was better then alcohol. "Love..." Chase whispered gently, tapping my nose, "Love...wake up!" I groaned and pulled the blanket further up onto my chest, "Ngh...go away." He chuckled and crawled into bed next to me, then running his finger through my hair. "You've been asleep for 9 hours...I miss you." He pouted playfully, puffing our his cheeks. "We live in the same house. You can always just come back to bed." I yawned. I rolled over and wrapped my arms around his neck, "Good morning." He smiled and gently kissed my forehead. Chase's blue eyes sparkled in the morning light, and his hair and skin was as soft as silk. "Good morning, my wife."
Every morning, Chase would always make breakfast for us both and then we'd go out on a walk. We'd buy flower and place them into Olivia's and Avery's graves-they are buried side by side. So she wasn't alone. We'd tell them about our problems and they'd pretend to listen. After that, Chase would go to therapy for three hours, come home, cook dinner, clean, watch TV, then off to bed it was. I wasn't one for schedules, but it made Chase happy and comfortable.
Sometimes, Chase has nightmares...about how she died. After that, he'd lay in her bed and cuddle her stuff animals...and cry. Loudly... He'd go through her boxes and stare at the photos of her, smiling gently as she smiled back. Some photos, she had her arms wrapped around Michael's neck, with her lips on his rosy cheek. Others, she had a sleeping Avery curled up next to her. Those days were simple. They were happy.
Days when Chase slept happily, he was the same as always. Bright-eyed and bubbly. He was an amazing husband, there's no doubt in that. He just suffered trauma. Multiple times. As long as he was getting therapy. That's all."What do you want for dinner?" I quietly asked. He bit his cheek and pondered for a moment. "I'm thinking Chinese." He answered shortly. I groaned, "That's the sixth time this month..." "Okay..." He chuckled, "What about Mexican?" I shook my head 'no'. Chase rolled his eyes and rested his head in my lap, "Well, then I don't know!" I giggled and ran my fingers through his brown, soft hair. "Well why don't we go out to town and look around?" At my response, his smile dropped. Chase wasn't a huge fan of super public places. He was scared. Over the month, he's become more protective. He'd always have a weapon near him in case something were to happen. He was afraid of loosing me too. Everyone he had ever loved as been violently ripped away. Troy, his first marriage, Avery, and now his only daughter Olivia. He doesn't want to loose anymore. "We can get McDonalds or go to a buffet..." I offered quietly. He anxiously bit is nails, "I'm okay with that." "I can go get it, and you can stay here-" "No!" He quickly shouted, "No, no. You stay here, I'll go get the food. Just stay here, and if you hear anything there's a gun-" "Chase, sweetie. I know." I giggled quietly, "Just hurry, sweetheart."
Chase and I ate in silence. An empty, soulless, silence. No scampering paws, no giggling children, not even music. It was empty. Forever empty. I stabbed the food with my fork, "How's therapy? Is Dr. Cole helping?" "She's...yeah. She's good. We have a new treatment for my alcohol problem." He explained, "She places a bottle of whisky in front of me, and every time I go to reach for it, she reminds me of the consequences. It mainly revolves around you." I nodded gently and continued to eat quietly. "Olivia is doing good in college..." He added softly. I smiled gently, "I bet she is, Darling." He slowly collected the plated and loaded them into the dishwasher. "I have to do some paperwork, afterwards, we can head to bed."
"Get your hands off me!" She screamed. The blurred face continued to tie up her limbs and smirk at her. "Please, don't hurt me. Please. I have to get home to see my parent, please!" She sobbed loudly. She closer her eyes tightly, pain flooding through her body as she screamed and cried. He gagged her with a sweaty t-shirt...his sweaty t-shirt. When she opened her eyes, blood dropped from her thighs, sweat gathering on her chest. He smiled and tightly wrapped the rope around her throat, pulling it tighter and tighter. She gasped and kicked around, grabbing at his hands, "P-Please stop!" She panicked, "Let go! I c-can't breathe!" Her lungs began to close, along with her eyes. Her world was fading to black, everything drifting away...further and further.
I woke up, passing for air. Sweat dropped down my face. Chase, panicked, woke next to me, "Love, what's wrong, what happened?" "He was hurting her!" I cried, "He choked her with a rope like she was an animal!" Chase watched as I cried into my palms, watched as I trembled in fear and sadness. "Who would do such a thing?" I growled, "Who would want to hurt someone so young...?"