~ Chapter Thirty-Two : Brody ~

~ Months Later ~
     "Come on now, babe!" James chuckled, taking another sip from his beer bottle, "You've fine that twice now." I giggled and placed another Add Two Cards onto the deck, "Make that three times." He gently rolled his eyes and scooped up two cards. I smirked at myself and took a sip from his bottle. He looked at me for a second and smiled brightly. I rose from my sitting position and grabbed the empty plate, kissing James's cheek, "Let me go get some more snacks."
      The fridge was decorated with multiple pictures of James and I, our smiling faces forever stuck. My favorite one was where I was squeezing his face between my fingers as I was placing a kiss on his cheek, and a flustered expression expressed on his charming face. I giggled quietly and placed the plate onto the counter, grabbing some more cookies from the cabinet, and that's when it caught my eye. The ring...my promise ring. I couldn't bring myself to take it off. It was like my body was waiting for Chase to come and apologize. To give me a kiss and tell me that he was sorry. I closed my eyes tightly, but he didn't. After the call, he didn't even bother to text me to explain the whole situation, he didn't even try to call back. And his life seems perfect. He still continued to make cheery videos for his audience, and Olivia seemed like she was going fine. He didn't need me... he should be hurting like I was...like I am now. "Babe? Is everything okay in there?" James' British voice called. I shook myself from my trance and poured some cookies into the small plate, "Y-Yeah. I was just t-thinking." I quickly made my way back into the living room with a smile on my face and placed the plate onto the coffee table. James gave me a curious smile, "What were you thinking about?" "Honestly?" I sighed, running a hand through my (H/C) hair, "I was thinking about Chase." He nodded slowly and patted the spot next to him, "Tell me about it." James knew the pain I was going through. It's been two months since James and I got together, and six since I broke up with Chase. I dated Chase for almost three years, and we threw it all away. That's going to take some time to heal. James rubbed my back gently as he listened to me rant, and sob about a past relationship, about the promise ring, about Chase. Every time I'd wipe a tear, there'd just be a new one to replace it. Why can't I get over him? A quiet knock from the front door announced itself to us. I gave James a confused frown, "This late?" He shrugged and leaned to get up. I gently pushed him back down and wiped my tears. My hand rested on the doorknob as I released a control sigh, closing my eyes shut then quickly opening the door. We stared at each other for a second, before inverting eye contact. "What are you doing here..." I growled deeply. Their head fell down, glazing at the ground...not a word leaving their pale lips. I made my way onto the porch and shoved the door shut behind me. I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed heavily. "I...I wanted to apologize..." They spoke quietly. My body shook gently, "I don't need your apology, Chase..." "Can I at least clear the air? We've been ignoring each other for too long-" "Ignoring each other?!" I scoffed, "You haven't even tried to contact me." "I have!" He shouted quietly, "I have, multiple times! You blocked me! On everything!" I closed my eyes tightly and covered my eyes, "You shouldn't be here, Chase-" "Stacy was giving money to protect Olivia. All I had to do was destroy your life, because you destroyed Stacy's." He interrupted, "She kept giving me money, along with James, Justin...and many others. I stopped fucking up your life as soon as I found out you were pregnant, with my baby. After that, it was all them. She kept trying to force me to mess up your life, and after I took custody of Olivia, she wanted to kill us both. Which explains the kidnapping while I was away, the wrecks..." I shuffled awkwardly on the balls of my feet, resting my palm on the doorknob, "...Do you want to come in...?"

      I poured chase some warm tea and handed him the coffee cup, then sitting down in front of him. I wrapped my fingers around my glass and sighed, silence falling between us. "So...you and James, huh?" He whispered quietly. I smiled softly and looked at the photos on the fridge, "Yeah...he was there for me...after the break up and all..." Chase scoffed softly, "You're dating the man that made you loose your first child...the same man that raped you...and stole you away for four months." "People will do anything for the right price..." I growled sharply. Chase looked down at the table, but then slowly looked at my intertwined hands, "You're still wearing the promise ring..." I quickly removed my hands from the cup and stuff them into my lap, looking down, ashamed. The gentle pounding of feet announced themselves to us as James stood in the kitchen doorway. "Chase..." He began, "What are you doing here...?" I quickly butted in before Chase could, "We needed to talk about things. I'll come to bed soon, why don't you go ahead and choose a movie for us to watch?" James nodded gently and walked away, leaving Chase and I alone again. "Is he treating you nicely...?" I gave him a small fake smile, "He treats me like a princess." He nodded awkwardly and looked down at his lap. I gently bit my lip. James does treat me nicely...but maybe to nice... He always apologizes for the way that he once treated me, and the ways he's hurt me. I quickly shook my head and pushed myself up, "I think you've stayed long enough, Mr. Brody. You should leave." Chase opened his mouth to speak, but quickly shut it and showed himself out. Suddenly, he turned around and smirked at me, "I'll see you again, Hipster."

Why did that make my heart flutter...?