Chapter XX

A/N: Hey guys :) Imma back!

Sorry for the wait. I started high school this past Friday, and I spent the entire week before then finishing summer reading homework.

What joy -_-

Anyway, guess what day it is??? Percy's b-day!! And Percabeth's anniversary!! August 18th!!

[Disclaimer] Unfortunately, I DO NOT own Percy, Annabeth, or any of the characters mentioned in this fan fic. Still dreaming...

Enjoy!

*   *   *

XX- Piper

Piper was honestly starting to miss the monster attacks.

A day had passed since they had rescued Hazel from Pygmalion and escaped from their little prison, and the slience since then had been just a bit unnerving.

Maybe 'miss' was too strong of a word. It's not like Piper enjoyed fighting for her life against a couple of mythical creatures, but when hours pass without a single attack... Piper felt like she had a good reason to be wary.

'The calm before the storm...,' Piper hated that thought, yet it kept popping up in her head as she leaned against the Argo II's railing. It was her turn for nightwatch duty, yet there hadn't been anything to watch for since they had left Gaea's secret base.

After all that time, Piper was seriously expecting the biggest attack the Seven had seen yet. She wouldn't be surprised if a giant himself ambushed them.

The Argo II was parked on the outskirts of Athens, far enough away that the only thing Piper could make out of the city were the street lights and the outline of buildings. The stars were easily noticeable away from the city lights, and a cool breeze swept around Piper, gently playing with her hair.

Once the Seven had gotten on board the Argo II the night before, they decided to head to a safe place to plan on what to do next, or to figure out Gaea's next move.

After this long of silence, Piper and her friends figured Gaea was planning something big. And it wouldn't be long before her plan took action.

No one else was above deck. Everyone was down in their cabins, grasping at any chance they have to sleep. Even Leo was away from the wheel, for once.

Piper was worried about the son of Hephaestus. According to his story, he had sworn an oath to the River Styx, the most promising, yet also the most deadliest oath anyone could make. To make matters worse, Leo had sworn to return to a place no one can return to. Piper hoped Leo wouldn't do anything rash, just to get back to Calypso, if he even could.

Not to mention, the whole 'oath' thing sounded eerily similar to a line in the prophecy-- 'An oath to keep with a final breath'. Piper seriously hoped it wouldn't be Leo's final breath. Or anyone's, for that matter.

Lost in thought, Piper didn't hear the odd-sounding footsteps until it was too late. A hand covered Piper's mouth before she could yell for help, and she could feel the tip of a blade pressed against her spine.

"Don't. Move," A voice hissed. Female; that's all she could make out of whatever creature was behind her. "I'd hate to kill you."

Piper clenched her teeth, but she couldn't do or say anything. She'd just have to hope that Jason or any of her other friends found her before the monster behind her decided to use that knife of hers.