Chapter XVII

*A/N: Guess what? Annabeth's back! *cheers*

Dedication for this update goes to.... *drum roll*.... CampHalfBloodCamperM!! Congrats on getting the right answer!! Thanks to all who commented! Means a lot!

Disclaimer: I OWN NOTHING. CREDIT TO RICK RIORDAN!

Enjoy...

XVII- Annabeth

One thing was kidnapping a friend and making the demigods look for her. It was another thing to make a game out of it.

Annabeth wasn't about to give up, but she wasn't thrilled with the fact that they had to chase an insane seer around Athens just to get Hazel back.

She was sure Jason and Frank felt the same.

Annabeth didn't want to continue like this. They needed a plan to find Hazel. They couldn't simply continue searching the city blindly.

"Frank," Annabeth turned to the son of Mars, who still looked somewhat frantic. "You think you could show us where Pygmalion used to be? The place Queen Sess took you to."

Frank glanced up and shook his head dispairingly. "I've got no idea of what it looks like on the outside. Queen Sess took me straight inside. It could be underground, for all we know."

"Why does it matter?" Jason questioned Annabeth.

Annabeth stared off into the winding streets of Athens. "I figured, if we could find it, we might be able to find a clue on where Pygmalion is now. Hazel is obviously still with him."

Frank sighed, "It's a good plan, but it would work better if we could actually find the place."

"Percy, Piper, and Leo said they might be holding Hazel in that building they found." Jason remarked. "Maybe they found her."

"I seriously doubt it," Annabeth replied, sighing. "We're not that lucky."

"We don't have much of a choice," Frank said, looking Annabeth in the eye, "It's our only option, unless you guys wanna continue aimlessly walking through Athens."

"Let's just head towards the outskirts of the city." Jason suggested, "We might run into them."

Annabeth was reluctant, but she shrugged. "Fine. Let's go, then."

After choosing a direction that Annabeth figured would lead them towards the edge of Athens, the three of them headed through the empty streets in silence.

It wasn't long before Annabeth noticed there was more olive trees than buildings. They were about to round a final corner between two run-down looking buildings when a voice broke through the silence.

"Leo! Watch out!"

Before Annabeth, Jason, or Frank could react in any way, an explosion shook the ground, and, with a yelp of surprise, someone went flying in front of Annabeth.

Leo Valdez landed hard on the road, coughing. He pulled himself up to a sitting position, giving the trio a weary grin when he noticed them. "Hey, guys. Glad you can join the party."

"Leo!" The same voice yelled out again, "Oh, gods, you okay?"

Percy came into view, dragging an unconscious Piper. He stopped when he saw Annabeth, Jason, and Frank. "Oh, hey guys! Perfect timing, we coud use the help." He grimaced as something roared, a monster that sounded fairly close.

Leo jumped to his feet, his arms and legs scraped up. He brushed himself off. "I'm good. Been through worse than some explosion."

"Piper!" Jason yelped, running to Percy and the unconscious daughter of Aphrodite. Percy kneeled down on one knee, gently setting her down on the ground. He glanced behind him worriedly. "What happened to her?" Jason asked, eyeing her bandaged shoulder.