21 - Ellie's POV

I hate sleep. Correction, I like sleep, I just don't like what happens when I actually do it. Being a demigod I have nightmares. Or sometimes just visions. Whatever they are, I never like them. This one wasn't a nightmare, but I hated it like it was. I was sitting beneath a tree on a hill. In the distance were more hills and a golden looking sun. The leaves on the tree were orange and glinting in the sun as if they were metallic. I looked around, wondering where I was. Right when I got the hint, his voice spoke up.

"So, how's my rock star?" Apollo's voice said, sitting down next to me. I roll my eyes.

"I'm not your rock star. I'm barely your kid." I say bitterly.

"Do you even know why I sent you on this quest?" he asks. I scoff and stand up.

"Because you want to send me to my death cause I'm your least favorite child?" I say.

"Actually, quite the opposite. You're my favorite. You're the most trustworthy, and frankly, the best with a bow and arrow." he says. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Then how come you led all my siblings to camp and left me fending for myself for fourteen years?" I ask.

"Because I wanted you to be stronger than them. You have fighting experience, unlike them." he explains. I'm rendered speechless. I hesitate before my next question.

"Why did you leave us? Me and my mom." I ask. He sighs.

"Helen was a wonderful woman but I was breaking Zeus' number one rule. After her, I never was with another mortal, or goddess for that matter." he informs me. I nod my head.

" Most parents don't play favorites, but I'm a god and you're my favorite." he says simply. I'm kind of flattered but I don't show him. He clears his throat.

"So, you and reincarnated Luke, huh?" he asks. I roll my eyes.

" He tries anything, and I'll - " he starts. I cut him off.

"Oh gods, dad stop!" I say, laughing. I then realize I called him 'dad' without cringing. He stands.

"Okay, well I better get going. And yes, you are my rock star." he says. I then wake up in my sad excuse of a bed, a smile on my face.