Sharp as a Knife pt.2

They both arrived at the Candy Sto.Rip and walked up to the front counter; Sweets was working register that day.
"How can I help you?" she gritted her teeth, she was angry for some reason.
"Can I-I get a vanilla cone?" Flaky squeaked and Sweets seemed to back off.
"Wait," she said slowly. "Are you two on a.. Date?"
Flippy stood straight and nodded, "Yes we are," he seemed proud even as he felt his cheeks warm with blush.
Sweets glared with a deep hatred, "Just because we were together in the W.A.R doesn't mean I'll stand down."
Flippy nodded, "I know, but I'm still not afraid to kill you."
"Please don't fight," Flaky cried out. "I don't like fighting!" There were soft tears at her eyes and she seemed devastated.
Sweets stood down and got the vanilla ice cream with a nod, "Anything else?"
"And a scoop of pecan ice cream," Flippy replied with a smile. Sweets glared but gave them their cones.
"Your total is 17.76," she pause for a moment. "New York city."
"What?"
"What?"
Flippy sighed and gave her the cash; she handed him back the change and the couple left the store with their lives. They decided to sit at an outside table with an umbrella. There was barely any wind and most of the day was just sun and heat at that point. Flaky sat in the shade and Flippy sat next to her, barely in the sun at all.
"What was that all about?" Flaky asked as she licked her ice cream.
"Sweets? Oh, she and I worked in the milletary together. She worked under me but never really liked me, I think she's mad that I'm taking you on a date."
Flaky nodded, "but why would she be mad?"
Flippy shrugged and took a bite of his ice cream, "hell if I know."
Flaky giggled at the ice cream on Flippy's muzzle and she grabbed a napkin. She held Flippy's face still, which surprised him, and rubbed all the ice cream off his chin.
Flippy blushed deeply but tried to cover it up, she let go of his face.
"Come on," he joked. "I was saving that for later!"
"I'm sorry," Flaky cried. "I didn't mean to make you mad!!"
Flippy stopped joking around, "Hey, hey, hey, I'm not mad! I was just trying to joke with you. It's ok." He heard her sigh in relief and he chuckled slightly, "now are you ok?"
Flaky smiled gently, "yes, I'm fine now. Thank you."
He wondered why she thanked him but brushed it off, "you're welcome." He smiled at her, matching her gentle smile with his own.
He smirked and pecked her check with a gentle kiss before going back to his ice cream, he pretended it didn't happen.
"Flippy," she gasped. "Was that you?"
Flippy chuckled and wiped his face with a napkin, "what you mean this?"
He stole another kiss from her, this time on the lips. Flaky smiled and grabbed him, pulling him into a deep kiss with her. He blushed and kissed back for a moment before she pulled away, he couldn't tell if she was blushing or not.
"You're a great kisser," he mumbled, slightly dazed.
"Thanks," she felt her cheeks warm at the compliment. They were both done with their ice cream by then, "that was fun, thank you."
"It was truly my pleasure," Flippy replied. "How about you come to my house sometime, for dinner?"
"Sure, how does Thursday sound?"
"Thursday works for me," he replied.
"I'll see you then, I guess."
They stood from the table and hugged before they went their separate ways, each excited for Thursday.