Chapter 6

Inaaya rang the doorbell of house, which looked similar to her house. The wooden front porch with a white front door. The front garden was lush green with rose bushes creating a boundary. She turned around to see Ayaan standing at the door. His lips curved in smile, "I thought you forgot"

He stepped aside gesturing her to come in. She replied, "No, I didn't"

He rubbed his palms together saying, "Come on then. Kitchen's this way"

She followed him in kitchen and found a middle-aged woman dressed in a sundress and her light auburn hair tied in a bun with small strands escaping and falling on her forehead. She was beautiful woman who had some resemblance with Ayaan. She was lanky with oval face, pointed nose and black eyes. She pushed hair back and smiled at Inaaya, "Hey Inaaya"

Inaaya nodded, "Hello Mrs. Kapoor. I thought maybe I can help you"

She shook her head, "No, I have everything under control. I am done with cookies, just have to make some cupcakes"

Ayaan objected, "But you were freaking out a minute ago"

Mrs. Kapoor shushed him. Inaaya laughed, "Well then, you can tell me how are you making the cupcakes. I would really like to learn something new"

Mrs. Kapoor nodded, "Yeah sure"

Ayaan watched them from the other side of the room. They were laughing and joking as first set of lemon cupcakes were being baked. Inaaya looked over at Ayaan from corner of her eyes and saw him texting someone. Mrs. Kapoor said, "Don't worry about him. He says he'll help in baking but he just stands there and does his nothing"

Ayaan responded, "I can hear you"

"Good then get other stuff. Put the boxes from garage in the car" she ordered him. He shoved his phone in pocket and went out.

After two hours, Mrs. Kapoor came out with cupcakes and cookies boxes. She handed them to Ayaan. When the last slot was kept in car, Inaaya told Mrs. Kapoor, "I hope kids like these. I must take leave now"

Mrs. Kapoor held her hand, "No, no you are coming with us. Ayu, tell her that she is coming"

Ayaan was putting the last box in the car. He bumped his head and cried, "Mom, why did you call me that?"

Inaaya laughed, "No, I don't want to intrude."

Mrs. Kapoor laughed, "Sweetie, you made all those things. I was just sitting in the kitchen. You have to come"

Ayaan shrugged, "If you want to, you can"

Mrs. Kapoor clapped her hands, "Perfect, now you go get dressed and meet us in like 15 minutes"

She nodded, "Okay"

When Inaaya left, Mrs. Kapoor turned to her son saying, "Why can't you date her? She is so nice"

He rolled his eyes, "Mom, we are getting late"