Chapter 53

"Ayu, why can't you be a decent guy and enter through the front door if you need help with your homework? Why do you have to sneak in every night?" Inaaya asked Ayaan who was sitting on her window pane, while she was putting on a jacket over her slip. He shook his head saying, "I have seen everything so there is no barrier between us"

She threw a cushion at him. He caught it and gave her a naughty smile. She shook her head blushing, "Just get out"

He jumped in and walked over to her bed. Resting his back against the pillows, he said, "It is a short-cut, Bubbles. Also...I don't think I would get in through front door without getting killed. Your dad would chop me pieces now"

She gave a laugh. Ever since he heard her nickname, he wanted to call her that. So, after a long discussion over the phone, they settled on agreement that both of them were allowed to call each other by their nicknames. Settling next to him on bed, she took a book from her night stand and put on her glasses. She knew he was right. If her dad knew that he had broken up with Zara to date Inaaya, he would definitely chop him in pieces. She asked, "What did you do to make my dad hate you so much? Other than the fact that you have dated my sister and are dating me now"

He coughed and started taking out his notebooks from his bag. She shut her book and stared at him because it meant he had done something big. Being with him, she had started noticing small details about him. Whenever he is nervous, he stammers or talks a lot; when he is trying to hide something he avoids eye contact like a small kid; when he is trying to keep his feelings in, he would ruffle his hair and give his biggest smile even if there is a storm going on inside him. He glanced at her before turning back to his notebook. She asked, "Ayaan Kapoor, what did you do?"

He bit his lower lip saying, "Umm, actually he caught me flirting with a girl. And he thought that I was cheating on Zara"

She raised her eyebrows. He continued, "But I didn't. I was just flirting with her. Flirting is healthy. It was casual flirting"

"Who was it? Was it the girl from grocery store who gave us free chocolates? Or was it the waitress in diner down the street who couldn't help blushing whenever you looked at her?" she asked. He replied with a smile, "Grocery store"

She gave a laugh before turning to her book. He nudged her asking, "Are you mad?"

She kissed his cheek saying, "No, I know you can't help it but you really need to sort it out with dad because I am going keep that window closed now"

He pouted which made her smile. Vanilla snuggled between two of them as Ayaan returned to finishing his homework. Occasionally, he would nudge Inaaya to ask a doubt.