Chapter 60

"Eat something" Ayaan advised Inaaya giving her a take-out packet. They were sitting on the branch of the Chinaberry tree which connected their windows with their legs dangling in the air. He had a book in his hand which read 'The Great Gatsby'. Giving up, he sighed, "I can't do this. It is not even English. How can you read this stuff?"

She was poking the noodles lazily. She replied in a wobbly tone, "It is a classic. They tend to have some difficult words"

He kicked her leg which made her look up from the food packet. He cocked his head to side saying, "Don't worry about it. It will be fine"

She took a deep breath and tried to give a smile. She picked up the book saying, "It was a very bad idea"

"Talking to him? Yes, I can say that" he took a bite in his burger. She shook her head, "No, having food here. I mean, anything could fall off. We could fall off this branch"

He laughed with his mouth full. She continued, "I don't know from where you get these crazy picnic ideas. Why can't we just eat inside the house or someplace where normal people do?"

He swallowed and replied, "This place is special. This is the route of our love"

She started laughing, "What?"

They heard a car stop in front of Nanda house. She recognized that it was Ethan's car. Zara stepped out of the car with Ethan. When they were talking and Zara gave a laugh, Inaaya noticed something. A smile appeared on her face. She kicked Ayaan to make him look at them. She whispered, "I don't think they are pretending. Look at Zara, she actually likes Ethan"

He watched Zara and turned to his girlfriend saying, "All I could see is your sister using your ex-boyfriend as pawn piece"

She shook her head, "No, I have sixth sense about these kinds of things. And Zara actually likes him, I can see that. Look how happy she is"

"She is just pretending it in front of you"

"She can't even see us. No one would guess that we are sitting in a tree. My dad just walked by us"

Ayaan got scared and looked at the ground. She hit his arm saying, "He is gone. But he would have noticed if you had dropped sauce on him. You missed by an inch"

He started observing the ground for dropped food. She continued, "I can see the sparks. I can't believe it my sister loves Ethan"

He stared at her and sighed. Typically 'Ayaan sigh' that he does when he thinks she's too good for the world. She replied, "I get it. You don't believe me. Fine. But I can guarantee you that something is going between them"

He shook his head and finished his burger. Zara started walking towards the house with a big smile on her face. She would occasionally glanced back at Ethan who got in his car and drove away. Inaaya cried, "See, that is how I look at you when you drop me at my house"

"Bubbles, you look at me like you don't want me to go. She is... I don't know what she is doing" he shrugged. She rolled her eyes and got up gathering her food and book. He asked, "Where are you going?"

She replied, "I need to take Vanilla out for walk"

He sighed, "Do not spy on your sister just to prove me wrong"

She smiled, "Oh, you are wrong. I'll prove that"