Chapter 67

Ruffling his hair, Ayaan scrolled through his phone while leaning against the counter. Vanilla was sniffing around. The receptionist returned saying, "Vanilla can go in"

He smiled at Vanilla who looked at him with sad eyes. He picked her up saying, "It is nothing to worry about. Just a pinch of injection, V"

It all happened last night when Inaaya had climbed in his room with Vanilla saying, "She needs to go to vet for her regular vaccines. Can you take her?"

He had been playing the new version of his favorite game on his Xbox, taking his anger out on the controller. He had been busy debating with his dad about his choice of career, that morning as he had decided to become a photojournalist which Inaaya supported after going through his secret collection of photos which made him think about it as career. His father stressed for him to have steady job instead. It had been a roller-coaster of a day until he heard Vanilla's soft barks in his room.

"Where are you going?" he asked walking up to her and placed Vanilla on his bed. She smiled, "I am not going anywhere. It's just.... I can't see her get injections. She whines which makes me weak. I tried to take her last month but she stared at me with her big cute eyes which made me come back. So, I can't take her. You have to"

He slipped his hands on her hips, nodding, "So, does that make Vanilla 'our dog'?"

She glanced at her dog who had curled up in Ayaan's sweatshirt saying, "She has kind of accepted you as her parent"

He kissed her cheek with a smirk, "We are parents. We have Vanilla as our kid"

Vanilla started chewing his sweatshirt. He picked her up as Inaaya burst into laughter. She sat on the bed saying, "Well, Mr. Dad, a news for you. She has picked up this habit of chewing things"

He squinted at Vanilla who licked his nose which made him laugh. While sitting in the doctor's office, he could still remember her smile. He glanced at Vanilla who was scared as the doctor approached. Ayaan comforted Vanilla while doctor gave her vaccine. When he heard Vanilla's whining, he knew the reason Inaaya couldn't come. She loved her so much that even a slight pain to her made her weak.

When they walked out of the doctor's office, he found Charlotte waiting by his car. She took Vanilla in her arms saying, "I am going to take her from here and drop her home"

He realized that there is something going on. Fiddling with his keys, he asked with a smile, "What is it? What is she planning?"

He knew she had been avoiding him for days as she has hard time lying to him now. Charlotte shook her head with a big smile, "I can't tell you. She'll kill me. Follow the directions in the GPS. There is a set of clothes in the back of my car. Now go, go. I have to get home and get ready before Nico comes"

They exchanged the keys. Charlotte drove with Vanilla in Ayaan's car while he stared at the destination address with a smile wondering what Inaaya has planned.