Chapter 18

Zara was practicing her cheer routine with her team when she noticed Ashlyn talking to their coach. When she was about to leave the ground, Zara and her friends rounded her. Zara walked to her saying, "Hey, I don't think we have met. I am Zara. You must have heard my name. I am like a celebrity in this school. And, I am AK's girlfriend. So, stop running after him. Or else, life in this school will not be easy for you"

Ashlyn gave a laugh, "Okay, let me ask you something. Does being a celebrity mean you have to cheer boys wearing short skirts? I would rather be on stands and have boys cheering for me. And second thing, it is not me who is after your boyfriend. He is the one who needs to be kept in check. Also, if you are so scared of losing him, you should think through about this relationship. I feel so sorry for you. I think you should get your life on track instead of thinking about mine"

Zara gritted her teeth and clenched her fist, "Who the hell are you to give me advice on my relationship?"

She smiled, "Just a mirror showing you the flaws in your life."

She was about to turn when Zara held her hand tightly, "You don't get to say all that stuff and walk away like that"

Ashlyn shrugged her hand off saying, "You can scare people but you will never get them to respect you"

She walked past Zara who was fuming with rage.

As the bell rang at the end of the day, Ashlyn walked to her locker texting on the phone. Even though Charlotte was not in school, she wanted to know everything happening. She heard someone jog up from behind. She noticed it was Ayaan. He asked, "How was your day?"

She rolled her eyes, "What is your problem? Why are you behaving like a dog chasing after a new bone? You clearly have more important things to do in your life like bully someone or go on date with your girlfriend"

His smile faded, "Enough, I am trying to nice to you"

"I don't want you to be nice with me. That is clearly not you. Be the person that you are. Stop acting like you are a very nice guy who just has bad reputation"

He came closer, "You don't even know me"

She half-smiled, "Oh, I know you. The only reason you are being nice to me is that you don't know me"

The hall was deserted. He started decreasing the gap between them, "You know why I am being a nice guy to you? There is something about you that makes me want to know you. There is something which makes me want to see you smile. I know you have a beautiful smile"

She was against the lockers with Ayaan only centimeters away. She snapped, "Is that supposed to make me feel better? You take away that smile from my face and then tell me that my smile is beautiful"

He looked into her eyes which were welling up in tears. Those eyes were familiar. Something clicked in him. He backed. He knew her now. He felt his world go spinning, "Inaaya?"

She blinked away her tears, "Just stay away from me"

She took off as he was left stunned.