Chapter 39

Ethan was working on his project in Physics lab when Zara entered. Her face had a mysterious grin when she greeted him, "Hey"

He decided to ignore her as he had heard stories about her from Charlotte and from his previous encounters with her. She sat on the counter near him saying, "Fine, ignore me like you are ignoring whatever is happening in front of you. I don't know how you can be so dumb to all this"

Curiosity got him. He wrinkled his nose asking, "What the hell are you talking about?"

It pleasured her that she got his attention. She shrugged, "I didn't know you were so naïve. My sister is just using you. She is two-timing you"

"She is so clever. She has you on one hand and has AK on the other hand. And I should give her a salute on how she is managing it. She goes on dates with you and then has make-out with AK during the breaks in between their rehearsals. But I don't understand why she is doing this. Is everything okay between you two? Are you not "enough" for her?"

He shook his head, "Stop doing that. I get it that you are trying to get me to doubt Inaaya but I will do no such thing. There is nothing going on there. I know Inaaya. She will tell me if something happens"

Zara raised her eyebrows, "Oh. So, you know about the secret meeting in the library in History section? Oh, I didn't know you guys were in an open relationship. I thought you were one of those guys who are serious about one girl"

He stopped writing. Her eyes narrowed as the corners of her mouth gave a vicious smile. She walked out of the lab. She waited for some minutes hiding behind a wall watching the door to open. She knew she had planted the seed of suspicion in Ethan's mind. The door finally opened. He got out with a puzzled face.

When Ethan reached library, he saw Inaaya getting angry but Ayaan was just staring at her with smile. Swearing, she walked out of the library. His heart knew Inaaya was not cheating on him but he also believed that Ayaan is onto something and he needed to clear things with him. Later, during the gym class, he went to talk to him.

Inaaya was in the cafeteria finishing her assignment when a small girl ran up to her saying, "Inaaya, you need to come down to parking lot"

The girl was huffing and had her face turned red. Innaya asked, "Why what happened?"

The girl was catching her breath, "Your boyfriend and AK are having a fight. And there is blood and people are betting on who is going to win. You should come"

Inaaya who was horrified with the news gathered her stuff and ran after the girl. They reached the parking lot where large crowd was gathered. She pushed through everyone and saw Ayaan punching Ethan in gut. Ayaan had a bruise on his cheek. Charlotte came saying, "They are not listening to anyone. Nico tried to stop them but AK said he will end this today without his help. And then pushed him aside"

Inaaya shouted, "Who the hell started this?"

"Apparently, Ethan did. He started punching AK after an argument and then, AK started defending himself"

She noticed Ayaan had blood running down his nose and Ethan was bleeding from his ear. Ayaan wrapped his arm around his neck restraining his arms with other. Ethan elbowed him in chest knocking him. He shouted, "Stay away from her. She is not yours"

Inaaya was confused. She turned to Charlotte who answered, "Apparently, the fight is about you"

"What" she yelled. Turning back, she saw Ayaan punching Ethan saying, "She loves me. She wants to be with me. I will win her."

Anger rose inside her. Ethan wiped off the blood from his mouth with his sleeve, "Stop trying to manipulate her. She is mine. You can never get her. She is my girlfriend"

She observed people around them enjoying the fight. They were placing bets. It seemed that the two boys would cut each other's throats. Unable to control herself, she walked up to the boys. She caught both of their arms and pushed them away from each other. As they were about to fight again, she gave them a death glare. She had tears building in her eyes but she fought hard to keep them in. Turning to crowd, she announced, "Show is over. You can get back to your business"

As they started murmuring, she shouted, "Everyone get the hell out of here, right now"

Everyone walked away. Ethan and Ayaan were picking up their bags when she said, "Not you two. I am not done with you two"

Charlotte and Nicholas watched as she had tears down her face. She started, "You both are idiots. I want to punch you both so bad but you guys are already bleeding. What do you know about me? How are you deciding what I want? How do you both know what I feel? Not a single thing. You don't know a single thing about me. You know nothing about me. I...I am not a toy that you can fight over like a bunch of kindergarteners. I am a person, dammit. I am a real person. You know what is the sad part? You guys are fighting over me but you never bothered to ask me what I want"

She wiped off her tears, "If I have to choose between the two of you, I choose none. It is over. I am done with both of you. I don't want to see your faces again. Get yourself cleaned up before you go to Principal's office"

They watched her go with Charlotte supporting her. Nicholas gave an angry look to Ayaan before walking away. Ethan started to run after her but Charlotte shook her head which stopped him. He hung his head low and walked to Nurse's office.