Chapter 43

Charlotte found Inaaya outside the school. She was sitting on the playground with her heels and mask thrown away to side. Charlotte said as she walked to her, "You know there are ants which can crawl up in your dress and bite you. Also...your dress will get dirty"

"I don't know what I should do" she spoke in monotone. Charlotte folded her legs to keep her dress off the ground saying, "Tell me how you feel when you are with either of them"

Inaaya sighed and started plucking the grass off the ground.

"When I am with Ethan, it is perfect. Everything is what I always wanted. He understands me and likes me the way I am. He is right for me..." she paused, "Then, Ayaan comes and turns my world around. He is a dumbass who has done pretty bad things...But he is also kind. The way he helps his mother every Sunday; the way he is with kids and Vanilla. His touch makes my heart flutter. How could I forget that he even tried to warn me, to make me go back? It is....Whenever he touches me, I feel something wakes inside me, I feel like I belong with him..."

She stared straight for a moment thinking. Glancing at Charlotte, she smiled, "I have to tell him that I still love him. I have to tell him that he was right even though I would hate to admit that"

Charlotte grinned and jumped on her feet saying, "You should then. Let's go"

When Charlotte arrived back, she found Nicholas drinking cold-drink and watching the dance. She kissed him asking, "Do they have anything else left?"

He laughed, "I'll get you something but after that, we dance"

She nodded and watched Inaaya go up to the guy standing by stands. Smile appeared on her face. Nicholas asked, "What is it? What happened?"

She took the donut from him, "Finally, she is confessing her love. I am so happy for her. I still hate him but he makes her happy so...what the hell" she shrugged.

Suddenly, Charlotte heard someone ask, "Who is she talking to?"

She spun around and was shocked to see Ayaan standing there with a can of cola in his one hand and his coat in another. She turned back and saw Inaaya still talking to that guy. She started chanting, "Please don't be Ethan...Please don't be Ethan..."

All three of them watched as Inaaya's smiling face turned tears. The boy lifted his mask to reveal himself to be Ethan. Charlotte cursed, "Dammit, why do things like that happen? Love-story is supposed to have twist but not that"

Suddenly, they noticed that everyone's attention turned at Inaaya who ran after Ethan who had stormed out. Charlotte handed the donut to Nicholas and ran after them.

"Ethan, please, let me explain..." Inaaya begged catching up with Ethan. He turned around saying, "There is nothing to explain. You could have at least said something to me. You should have broken-up with me before you go off declaring your love for someone else"

Charlotte watched Inaaya break down in tears as she stepped out of the door. He continued, "I thought we were fighting. We would be over this if we talked but you...you had other plans since the beginning. You don't get to use me to clean your slut image. People don't get fooled easily. Everyone said you were a slut but I didn't believed them but now I do"

Charlotte interrupted, "Enough Ethan, she wanted to tell you"

He snapped, "No, you don't get to talk in between. It is between us"

He was fuming with anger. He walked briskly towards Inaaya, scaring her. Ayaan stepped in saying, "Touch her and you will know what hell feels like"

Inaaya shouted, "Ayaan, stop"

Walking to Ethan, she sobbed, "I am sorry. I know I should have said something to you but..."

Ethan shook his head and started walking away. Ayaan was going to hold Inaaya when she yelled at him, "Stay away from me. Just stay away. Bad things happen when you are around me. Just leave me alone. I knew I shouldn't have come here tonight"

She walked away crying. Charlotte suggested, "Just give her some time"

Ayaan agreed as they walked back to the dance.

Zara walked up to Ayaan who stood in the corner. She took his hand saying, "Come on, AK let us dance for old time's sake"

He hung his head low as he danced with her. She whispered in his ears, "Isn't this a beautiful night?"

He didn't answer. She mocked, "Why are you so sad? You should be happy that they broke up. And what a break-up! My sister clearly knows how to make a scene. Who would have guessed that she would tell those things to Ethan mistaking him for you?"

Something clicked in his mind. She sensed that. A smile appeared on her face "Yes baby. Don't you think it is a little weird that Ethan wore the same clothes as you and had the same mask? Well, I gave him a little idea that if he dressed like you maybe she'll like him more"

He asked, "Why are you doing this?"

She brushed finger across his face saying, "She took my happiness; I'll take every single bit from her life"

He pushed her back saying, "You need to get help for yourself"

A scary look appeared on her face, "Baby, revenge is my medicine"