Chapter 69

Inaaya was chirpily walking towards the tree-house dressed in an A-line halter backless red dress. She smoothed the satin hem when she sensed that woods seemed warmer and something in air didn't seem right. A fear rose inside her. As she ran towards the source of light, she saw a shadow pass on her left. She hasn't heard that this place have predators. As she struggled to walk to the shed in her heels she stepped on a sharp thing. Picking it up, she observed that it was Zara's earring. She clutched it tightly in her hand as her fears turned into tears. The shed was in her view, burning. She knew what happened here. The fire burnt everything that was left between them. She shook her head saying, "You have made a big mistake Zara"

Just as she was searching for Zara in the darkness, she heard Saki's screams from inside. 'Oh no, no, no.' She immediately stripped off her heels as she ran towards the burning house, screaming Saki's name. 'Answer me back, I'm here Saki' she screamed as she reached there and frantically tried to enter the massacre of fire. She found a window and without a second thought she entered into the burning chamber.

Ayaan was walking towards the Hope when he saw the smoke rising from the building. He found the source of the chaos a small shed where people were trying to control the fire. He ran to the in-charge asking, "What happened?"

She had her hair messed up with her wrinkles illuminated by the glow of the fire. She replied with her voice cracking, "Inaaya and Saki asked me if they could have this shed for tonight. Then, I don't know what happened. I don't know from where this fire started"

The time stopped for Ayaan. He couldn't believe his ears. He made way through the crowd, tearing them for space as he ran towards the shed. With each step, he was finding his breaths dilute. It was suffocating him, this information that Inaaya was there in the shed with Saki. His eyes swelled up not because of the smoke, but the pain. He can't lose her. He jumped upon the barricade, standing next to crumbling shed as a man tackled him down shouting, "Are you crazy, kid?"

He struggled but the guy didn't let him loose. He kicked his feet saying, "Leave me. My girlfriend is in there with a kid. I can't leave them like that"

The guy replied, "No, she is not. We got them out a minute ago. They are being taken to hospital. You girlfriend was really brave. She saved that girl"

He turned around struggling for air and noticed that the guy was a fireman. He asked in despair, "Where is she?"

The big guy placed his hand on Ayaan's shoulder saying, "She is in the hospital. She is alive. She is a hero. She saved the kid. There was not a scratch on the kid."