Chapter 71

"Okay, so I brought three flavors of ice-creams. Just to give you a choice" Ayaan came in with a bag and started taking out the ice-cream cups. He took out a book titled 'Little Women' which had a small pink bookmark saying, "And I got the book you were reading. Also, your grandfather said I could say here for the night as long as I behave. I thought we should spend as much time as there is together before you..."

He paused dreading the next phrases. Inaaya noticed him trying to avoid eye contact with her. She slid aside to make room on the bed saying, "Come here and bring that book with you."

He slipped next to her with book. His weight seemed dead on the bed, there was no cheer inside him which broke Inaaya's heart. She took his hand and smiled, "I am not going anywhere. It is just few months. I can't drop out now. I can stay with Coco. I have talked to Grandpa. I just... I wanted to talk to you about something"

He stroked her hair asking, "About what?"

She blinked. She knew she had to be strong to say this. She took a deep breath, collecting all that was inside her and finally uttered, "Well, I think we should break-up." This startled Ayaan. "With all the things going on, scars on my body and all the amount of time you have to spend taking care of me. I mean, look at me. I feel like I'm holding you back. You deserve a girl who doesn't have these ugly scars..."

"Just shut up," he stopped her, this went way over board. How could she even say all that? "...don't you ever say that I don't deserve you; now that you have become some sort of hero, you think you know what's best for everyone." Ayaan argued lightly. "You don't get to break-up with me over this. Even if you grow demon wings out of your back" He looked at her like she was his world and he felt like it. "... And even then I'll love you Inaaya Nanda. Do you think that low of me?"

She burst in tears, "You weren't even looking at me"

He stroked her cheek saying, "That's because I can't see you in pain. I don't care if you are going to have a burn scar on your arm or not. I... I couldn't bear to look at you knowing that I was not there to save you. Charlotte told me everything. You planned that for me because I was being a baby about that stupid dance. You can live at your Grandparent's because it is not safe for you here. I can visit you on weekends if you want. But I am not going to leave you alone to struggle"

"No, I am staying. I am not running away this time. I am not going to leave my life here just because a psycho wanted to kill me. I am done running away from her. I am staying here. I am not going to let her affect my decisions for me like always" she replied placing her head on his shoulder, "Also, you will have girls pouring on you after I am gone. I am not taking any chances"

He started laughing, "I love Jealous Bubbles"

She gave a peck on his cheek and ordered, "Ayu, now read me the book and... don't leave me"

He started reading the book as she cuddled against him. After some minutes, she slowly drifted in sleep. He kept the book aside and kissed her hair. She didn't deserve this, he kept thinking.