Chapter 70

Everything was hazy. She tried to open her eyes to see the faces which whispered around her. She found blurry faces around her watching her. She blinked a few times and found her parents, Ayaan, Nicholas and Charlotte looking at her with sorry look. The sedation medicine was wearing off as she could feel the sharp pain of her injuries. She tried to sit up but her body was exhausted, she asked, "How is Saki?"

"She is fine. You saved her" Ayaan smiled as he took her hand. They all had their faces covered with masks but she could sadness in their eyes. Inaaya looked at her parents from the corner of her eyes. She noticed her mother's body stiffen when a police officer came in and asked what happened. Inaaya replied, "It was an accident. A short circuit, I think. We were hanging up lights"

Her parents let out a breath of relief which made her heart break into shards. She could bear the physical pain but going to emotional trauma again, she was not ready to handle that. When the officer left, Charlotte shouted at her, "Why did you do that? We all know who did it. Why didn't you just say her name? Don't forget that there a kid's life which was at stake." She could see her swollen eyes with her mascara smudged around them.

Ayaan took Inaaya's hand when he noticed that something was wrong. Charlotte was yelling when someone entered room saying, "If she doesn't want to press charges, then it is her choice"

Inaaya's calm demeanour broke as she saw her grandmother say that. She couldn't control her sadness, the feeling of extreme betrayal. She was finally done with being a nice girl like she always told her to be. She turned to her parents, even when her whole body screamed through pain "You can go now. My parents are here"

Charlotte argued, "Why are we letting her sister get away with it?"

Inaaya's father asked her to calm down "If Inaaya doesn't want to then it is her choice. She just woke up, please let her rest. Her sister, her choice"

Inaaya shouted, "SHE IS NOT MY SISTER!"

Everyone was stunned. Tears finally found way to her face. She shook her head, "She is nothing to me. I had hope. All this time, I had hope. But this... This is not what a sister does. I could forgive her for everything she did. Whether it blaming me, insulting me in front of whole school, poisoning me, but this... She tried to kill me. She almost killed Saki for her stupid jealously!"

Turning her head to her parents, she said, "Mr. Nanda and Mrs. Nanda, you can go now. I know you were here to see that I don't report anything about her to police. I didn't. So, you can go and stop pretending like you care because you don't"

Mrs. Nanda moved towards Inaaya but she shook her head, "Don't, just don't do that. My parents are here. You are not my family. You were just here to check if I don't turn your daughter in. I didn't. So, LEAVE RIGHT NOW!"

Mrs. Nanda wiped her tears saying, "Baby, we'll not go unless we could take you home with us"

Ayaan announced, "She is not going to your house anymore. She will be going to her real home, where she will be safe"

Mr. Nanda snapped, "Who are you to take decision for her like that?"

Grandfather walked to Inaaya saying, "He is right. She will come home to us. I shouldn't have let you bring her here in the first place. Look what Zara has done to her. You never told me that she gave her a peanut-butter sandwich. I thought she would have grown-up and this siblings rivalry will be way in past but I was wrong. And I can't let my little Bubbles in that house again. I thought I raised you right but all you have done is disappointed me"

Mr. Nanda stood there in disbelief and was readying himself to argue when Inaaya shook her head and clenched Ayaan's hand saying, "No, I can't take this right now"

Charlotte fumed out with Nicholas following her. Grandfather announced, "You both can leave. She is among her family"

She hugged her grandmother as her parents walked out of the room.