Chapter 25

Ayaan smirked at the cute girl as she handed him two beer bottles. His good looks made him get things done easily. Flirting was one of his best moves. He looked over at the giant waves of the never ending ocean. As he handed one bottle to Nicholas, he noticed Inaaya and Charlotte walking towards them. She looked attractive in the red sundress and more so because she seemed happy. They were laughing about something. A feeling stirred inside him. He took a sip of his beer before turning to Nicholas, "I have to make a call"

He pretended to make a call while observing Nicholas talking to the girls with the corner of his eye. Charlotte challenged her to do something. She squinted her eyes before taking the beer from Nicholas and gulped till the last drop. She was cheerful. Her lips curved in a big smile as she heard a song being played nearby. There was beach party going on near the shack. While Nicholas was talking to Charlotte, Inaaya was dancing her heart out. Charlotte was watching her like a big sister. He was glad that someone took care of her.

A desire aroused in his heart. Unknowingly, he walked over to her. When Charlotte noticed him she muttered, "What the hell is he doing?"

She and Nicholas watched as Ayaan slipped his hand around Inaaya's waist, spinning her around to face him. Her smile faded away. He pulled her close. She stared at him in shock. His hands ran up her spine as he said, "I love you too"

Everything around her fell silent. She could feel tears welling in her eyes but she controlled them. She pushed him back saying, "Disgusting... Everything is a joke to you. You care about no one"

Pushing people aside, she took Charlotte and walked to the other side of the beach. She stood at the shore watching the waves with her arms crossed over her chest. There was a storm inside her. She knew she had given him the reason to mock her again, make fun of her feelings and embarrass her in front of everyone. Her heart screamed in anger but she kept it all in and admired the sea in front of her, the way it buries all the secrets and remains calm during the day but roars at night. Charlotte who was getting anxious, finally spoke, "You can let it all out. There is no need to keep it in"

Inaaya took off her sandals and stepped in the water saying, "I don't need to let out anything. Look at this water. Old Inaaya would be scared as hell before stepping in this, but....she died the today. So, let's cleanse this body of her soul"

Charlotte was scared and confused because Inaaya had never spoken that way before. Inaaya on the other hand, felt water rise and waves shook her off the balance but she kept walking till water rose till her waist. Her heart started racing as the fear of sea was creeping in her but she curled her fingers in fist fighting the tears that wanted to come out. Then, she took a dip in water.

Later that night, Nicholas saw Charlotte walking towards the elevator. He called her out, "Coco"

As she saw him, she preferred to ignore him. He went to her asking, "Did I do something wrong?"

"What is your problem? What do you want? If you want sex, I am definitely not the girl you should be talking to. You both are sick, you know that. What kind of joke was that? That your best friend pulled on mine?" she asked. He replied, "I know you are mad but I seriously don't know what goes on in that nut-crack mind of his. I will talk to Inaaya and apologize on his behalf. He is an idiot but he didn't mean to hurt her like that. I will talk to Inaaya"

She shook her head, "No, don't. You both have done enough. You know I used to have a crush on you but now I get how this is with you two. It is all a game. You don't care about how other person feels. So, I am done talking to you"

"Hey Coco, I like you too" he exclaimed as he tried to grab his hand but she jerked it off saying, "Don't, you dare call me that. We are not friends. You can go back to dating that red-head from cheer team and I will go back to being happy in my life. You both are alike. You both like when girls are running after you. But it is not going to happen with us. Inaaya and I are done with both of you."

Saying this, she went in the elevator. Nicholas stood there gaping because he had never thought that Ayaan would be the reason for him not getting his crush.