Part 37 - Dylan: Safe

Dylan POV

We have split up into two groups. Briar and Myles aren't here right now, because we decided that it was too dangerous for Briar and the baby, therefore they are going to the police at midnight exactly. That way we will be able to try and sort things out with Shelby before the police arrive and she won't be able to escape us. The next group is the rest of us (Trevor, Alex, Sage, Lamar, Isaiah, Isaac and Dylan). We will be the ones facing Shelby today.

We are sitting in Trevor's car next to the park. There is two minutes before she is supposed to be here. She is actually coming right? As doubt starts to cross my mind, I see a car pull up beside us. Shelby.

"Where is she?" I ask, sternly.

"In the backseat." Shelby tells me.

"Give her to us." Trevor demands.

"Not yet." Shelby says. "First, I need you to promise me something."

"What?" I ask her.

"You all have to get Alex to come back to me, or else." Shelby tells us.

"Or else what?" Trevor and I ask in unison.

"Or else I will actually kill Berkeley." Shelby explains.

I look at everyone and they all nod at me. I guess making this promise won't really matter. After all, the police will be here soon and they will do something about this.

"Okay, we'll try and find him." I agree. "But we don't even know him, we don't know what he looks like or where he lives."

"Here, " Shelby hand us a huge envelope full of stuff. "This is all you need to find him. But you HAVE to bring him to me and make him fall in love with me once again."

"Okay." I say.

"Now get her out of my car and start looking for Alex." Shelby tells us.

Trevor and I get out of the car and open the door that Berkeley is sitting beside. I look at her once, I see how scared she is, there is tape across her mouth and her hands are tied up. Poor girl. I whisper in her ear, "It's okay, you're safe now."

I can't help but think that this was a lost opportunity. We had a chance to get Shelby locked up in jail, but the police aren't here yet. If they don't show up in the next five minutes then they're going to be too late.