Part 56 - Dylan: I'm Fine

Dylan POV

Alex and I walk into the hospital. We need to talk to Briar and make sure she's okay. We get to her door and I peak through the window and I see her crying her eyes out. Poor Briar.

We rush inside and Alex and I both wrap our arms around her. We sit like this for a while, until Briar calms down. I can see how torn apart she is and I don't know how to help her. So all I say is, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Briar reassures us.

"Bri, it is obvious that you aren't fine." Alex says, calmly. "I mean, let us help you?"

"I said I'm fine." Briar repeats herself.

"How could you be fine?" I say. "You've got a newborn baby boy, you're on seventeen years old, and you've got a boyfriend who killed a woman and could be going to jail."

"MYLES ISN'T A MURDERER, HE CAN'T BE! BESIDES I THOUGHT YOU WERE HERE TO HELP ME, NOT MAKE ME FEEL WORSE!" Briar screams at me.

"I know, I'm so sorry." I apologise realising how rude I sounded.

"Whatever." Briar mutters. "Can you just leave me alone for now?"

"Bri ... " Alex and I say in unison.

"I just need some time to get my head around things, I'll be fine." Briar tells us.

"We'll be back tomorrow." I tell her.

"Myles will be fine, B. You don't need to worry about him." Alex explains. "He'll be in here with you and your baby in no time."

"Maybe I don't want him here anymore." Briar murmurs so quietly that Alex doesn't hear it but I do.

So that's what Briar is so upset about. Myles killed a woman and now she doesn't think her baby is safe around him. Yet Briar seems to be in complete denial about Myles being a killer. Everything is starting to make sense now.