Part 45 - Sage: Recover?

Sage POV

An ambulance shows up quickly and Briar is taken away to hospital. Myles goes with her of course. The rest of us are going to meet them at the hospital. God, they have to be okay. If their baby is hurt, I don't think that Briar or Myles will be able to deal with it. This is all Logan's fault, and she is going to pay for it.

"Are you okay?" Isaiah asks me, well driving us to the hospital.

"I'm fine. Just worried about Briar and the baby." I tell him.

"Have you met Briar? She's a fighter, and I am sure her baby is too." Isaiah says. "They'll be fine."

"But what if they aren't?" I ask him. "What do you think that will do to Briar and to Myles? They'll be heartbroken."

"Don't think like that." He tells me. "If it does come to that, then we'll be there for our friends."

"Okay." I say.

We walk into the hospital and see that everyone else is in the waiting room, including Myles. I thought he'd be with Briar but I guess not. I just can't tell if that's a good thing or not.

"Is Briar okay?" I ask Myles.

"The doctor said that Briar's fine." Myles says, looking down slightly.

"And the baby?" I ask him, gently.

"Briar can't feel the baby anymore, at least not the way she used too." Myles explains. "That's a bad sign."

"Oh Myles." I sigh and put my hand on his, reassuring him.

We all sit in the waiting room for what feels like forever. No one comes to tell us if Briar's baby is okay or actually alive. And the longer we wait the more nervous everyone feels. I just wish the Doctor or nurse would get out here and tell us what's going on.

At last, the door opens into the waiting room and both the doctor and the nurse come up to us. The moment I see them I notice the sad looks on their faces. Oh no ... this can't be a good sign.

"Myles Erlick?" The doctor asks.

"Yes that's me. Is my baby okay?" Myles asks him, hopefully.

"I'm sorry Myles." The doctor starts.

"No please no. They can't be dead." Myles pleads. "Please just tell me they're alive?"

"Your baby is alive, Mr Erlick." The nurse tells him.

"Wait seriously?" He asks, and the nurse nods. "Oh thank god. Can I go and see Briar now?"

"In a minute but first you should know that it will take a while to recover." The doctor explains.

"How long exactly?" He asks.

"A couple of weeks. Briar will need to come into hospital so we can check on the baby's health and how well he is recovering." The doctor continues explaining.

"He?" We all ask in unison.

"Yes, the baby is a boy." The nurse tells us. "You can go and see Briar now, if you want to."

Oh thank goodness they're both okay. And the baby is a boy! I can tell how excited Myles is about that.