Part 49 - Briar: Falsifier

Briar POV

I get out of bed and rush to the toilet and throw up. Ugh I hate morning sickness so much. That is definitely one thing I won't miss about being pregnant. I am snapped out of my thought by hearing the sound of Myles voice. I walk out of the bathroom and downstairs into the kitchen where I see Myles standing there talking on the phone.

"What do you want?" Myles asks through the phone. 

"I want your baby dead, that's what I want." I hear the voice on the other side of the phone say, or at least I think that's what she said. I can't quite hear everything too clearly. 

"YOU CAN GO TO HELL!" Myles shouts at the person.

They talk for a little while longer but I can't tell what they're talking about at all. But I do notice one thing that Myles says near the end of the conversation which confuses me a bit. 

He said "You realise the police are listening in on this conversation right?" And then one of them hang up. What the hell is going on right now? I'm sure Myles will tell me whats going on.

I walk up to Myles and he jumps a little when he sees me. He looks both worried and guilty. I'm guessing he didn't want me to hear that conversation. Huh, I think I'm going to have to go at this the right way.

"Who was that?" I ask him, carefully.

"It was just Trevor, asking me over for a boys night tonight." Myles lies to my face.

"Oh it sounded like it was a girl on the other end of the phone." I say.

"Nope it was just Trev." He says laughing slightly.

"Huh." I sigh. 

"How long were you standing there anyway?" Myles asks me.

"Long enough to know that it wasn't Trevor on the phone and that you have just lied to my face." I tell him.

"Bri ... " Myles starts. "It was Shelby on the phone but don't worry it wasn't anything bad." 

"Really, because it seemed as though she threatened to kill our baby!" I yell at him. "So stop lying to me."

"I'm not lying ... " I cut him off.

"You're right, actually you are falsifying the entire conversation." I correct him whilst cutting in.

"I didn't want you to worry about it, I can handle Shelby and her stupid threats." Myles reassures me.

"We'll see about that, I guess." I say and walk out of the room.

I don't know why Myles is being so 'cool' about this. He should be as worried as I am. She has always followed through with her threats no matter how hard it was to do so. I just don't see jail stopping her from hurting us.