Part 57: Briar: Save Me

Briar POV

Save me. I'm Fine. These are the two sentences I keep saying either to myself or out loud.

I have taken on way to much for me to handle. I thought I could do it, I thought I was ready to be a mother but I was wrong. And now that Myles isn't with me, I have no idea what to do. I just can't get my head around it. Myles can't go to jail, he couldn't have killed Shelby, he would never do that he would never hurt a woman ... would he?

What if he hurts our child? What if he hurt me? Am I scared of him now? Should I be scared of him?

A nurse walks in with discharge papers. Yes, today I am going home with my little boy. It feels so wrong, Myles should be here. Home won't feel like home without him. None of this should've happened. This isn't how it was supposed to turn out ... but it is what it is I guess.

I sign the discharge papers and then Berkeley comes and takes me home. We drive the whole way in silence, lost in thought. I think about my baby and I think about Myles. How on earth am I going to raise a child alone?

"B, we're here. Do you want me to help you get settled back in?" Berkeley asks me.

I nod in reply, and we get my few things from the car and bring them inside. We unpack everything and set the last few things set up for my baby. Berkeley tries to make small talk with me but I'm really not in the mood for it. I just want to be alone with my baby.

Knock knock

I walk over to the door and open it slowly. Its Logan. What the hell does she want? She better not be here to start trouble.

"What?" I ask her.

"Look, I know I have been so horrible to you lately. I just wanted to apologise to you. I am so sorry Briar. It was never meant to turn out this way. Shelby never should've died and Myles never should've been held for murder. This is all my fault and ... I don't expect your forgiveness. I just want you to know how sorry I am." Logan says, tears streaming down her face.

"This isn't entirely your fault." I admit, both to myself and her. "We all played a part in this. And now we all have to face the punishments. Shelby is dead. Myles is in jail. I'm here alone being a single mum to a newborn baby. My friends are all trying to pick up the pieces for me. You feel guilty. And your friends are grieving. We're all facing the consequences for the mean things we have done to one another ... I just think we need to stop. We need a new start. No more fighting. No more arguments. Lets just all try and get along for a change."

"I'd like that." Logan agrees.

I feel better after Logan and I talk. Now that we've made peace between the two groups I need to focus on the other two most important things in my life. Myles and our baby.